Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Window won't Close?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 16:41    Post subject: Window won't Close? Reply with quote

Originally posted by Silver Surfer (pocuk)

Hi there,

First post, been reading for a while waiting for my new surf bus to arrive. Now it has & I find that if I open the drivers window it won't go back up again. It goes up maybe 4 or 5in then gets shy & disappears into the door again. Bloke at the garage said they all do it & you just have to do it a bit at a time! Well this morning it took 30 minutes freezing my butt off driving along & then I couldn't leave the car in the shop car park until I'd got it closed again.

I'm guessing if it is a regular thing you'll all be able to give me the low down on how to sort it myself?

BTW until I bought my 96 Super Exceed I'd never seen another on the road but I've seen two in the four days I've had it! I notice there's a few around the Bristol area perhaps because they come in through Bristol? Anyway I'm in Weston-super-Mare so if I see you I'll give you a wave

PS apologies if I've asked a common question. I did use the search facility first but it didn't come up with anything relevant.

Mine started doing the same a while ago.

Had a heavy frost and tried undoing the window as you do
It put the window out of line, mine got better just by easing the glass forward, it was catching on the back runner.

Some Delicas are fitted with safty closure (can't remember what its called), If yer fingers (or whatever is in the way ) the window will drop back down automaticly about 4 inches.

Basicly it thinks something is shut in the window just by being tight on the runners, so you may just need to adjust the glass or runner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alan S

Ours is also missbehaving
however some nasty ****** put some type of sticky gunge round that window last Sunday (2 hours after I washed it) which has triggered the fault. I'm still cleaning it off.

Alan

Sean

Hi everyone,

I had the same problem a while ago and I sprayed some silicone spray on the window rubber - Problem solved, it's been working perfectly ever since.

Hope this helps

Sean

carm6

Had the same problem about 6-7 months ago . I also sprayed the window rubber and it has been fine.

--------------------------------------------------------

Silver Surfer

Been on to the garage again & they are going to get it sorted for me. I suspected sticky channels but I'd rather they actually took it apart to check it's nothing more.

Very useful these forums.

Thanks for the replies!

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 16:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: