Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Wheel/Hub spacers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandora109

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 20:15    Post subject: Wheel/Hub spacers Reply with quote

Hi All

Had our Deli a week or so now and starting to make plans on how to bling!!! it up a bit (as if it ain't bling enough already). One thought is to put Pajero Wheel/Hub spacers on to widen the track a bit, Has anyone tried these do they extend the wheels beyond the arches too much? Has anyone found any arch flares that fit and don't look crap? and don't cost to much, or is I going to have to put me fiberglass hat on?

Ian & Erika

95 Space Gear Exceed
79 109" Purple camo Landy
49 BSA M21
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 20:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and a few others have 7x16 wheels from various Mitsubishi sources. They do stick out a bit Rolling Eyes If you are good at making arches... you could sell loads of them on this and other forums Wink
Anyway check these out:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1266
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=711
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=742
What do reckon Question Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rusty

Had a look at the pics, nice, we are not looking at going bigger just widening the track. That aside, the problem of sourcing wider arches as I understand it Jap companies just ain't interested in our money and after converting the prices from yen to sterling adding probably a good few kid for shipping and TAX it's a wonder anyone one would entertain the thought of trying to source them from Japan. £200-£250 for 4 bits of plastic seems a bit steep, or maybe I'm just to used to Landy Prices.

This however don't solve the problem of getting some, As a yacht fitter I have a good bit of experience moulding glassfibre and have a couple of patternmaker freinds. So if enough people are interested I'll look at doing some, the mock ups will come first possibly in a couple of weeks, time allowing and I'll post pics of them for the clubs comment and who knows maybe for once we can beat the japanese at their own game, wadda ya fink?

Ian

95 Space Gear Exceed
49 BSA M21
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me 8) For what it's worth IMHO spacers are not a good idea as it put extra strain on the hubs etc. Having said that, try these:
http://www.trackstore.co.uk/wstuds.html
http://www.graystonengineering.com/shim&spacerpage.htm
http://www.jasmine-motorsport.co.uk/html/wheel%20spacers.htm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please please please :D
put me down for them as long as the price is right Wink

If anyone could make rear ladders and wheel arches at a good price along with other nice ad-ons, they could make a fortune and keep us lot happy in doing so.
petemillis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, price of arches from Japan is more like £350 to £450 for 4 bits of plastic!
Eagles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian I'm sure there will be enough people interested. I for one would be very intrested. wouldn't it be nice to beat the Japanese at there own game Wink
Pandora109

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All thanks for the support for the idea,

Will look at the idea this weekend, and report back as soon as poss, will post pics of the mock ups as I can, please bear with me as this is the most complex part of building the moulds that will eventually provide you with arches, and all 4 will have to mocked up then moulded, before I can start to produce anything close to the finished product, it seems some of you appear to have cut away the existing arches does this mean that an invisible mounting to the existing arches is unsuitable? Does surface mounting with some nice allen cap screws sound okay? I need your views so as I can produce something that will be suitable for the majority. As for ladders more complex as my abilities are in wood and plastic rather than metal, but it may be possible to adapt some ladders made for marine applications will scan through the catalouges and see.

Ian

95 Space Gear Exceed
49 BSA M21
petemillis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only the plastic inner arches that are cut/hammered/massaged on the L400 to allow space for the wheel. Things are a little more drastic on the L300 though.
-Crewzin-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:03    Post subject: went big! Reply with quote

slapped a set of pajero wheels on mine. 15x10 took some teasing with the hammer but there in.

and arches i got were flexi arches, £180 set of four..

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Wheel_Arches.html

link to some pics of my Deli with arches on,
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1231

Regards Gordon
Eagles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep Gordon's Deli looks like a Bulldog with its wide stance when following it Wink
and from the front just as awesome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: