4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

two ? belts located behind the fan belt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert8n

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 18:59    Post subject: two ? belts located behind the fan belt Reply with quote

I think I need to replace the two belts located behind the fan belt. I think one is for the power steering (which is stiffening now) and the other .... well I can't identify the other from the manual, is it the same one looped round ? It or they're both fairly slack. Can someone reccommend a supplier ? And is this a fairly easy job to do on a 300, the garage have given me a pretty cheap quote but they've never worked on one of these before. I suppose with a pit it'd be easy enough.[img]
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 18:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mad Dave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 0:29    Post subject: Re: two ? belts located behind the fan belt Reply with quote

robert8n wrote:
I think I need to replace the two belts located behind the fan belt. I think one is for the power steering (which is stiffening now) and the other .... well I can't identify the other from the manual, is it the same one looped round ? It or they're both fairly slack. Can someone reccommend a supplier ? And is this a fairly easy job to do on a 300, the garage have given me a pretty cheap quote but they've never worked on one of these before. I suppose with a pit it'd be easy enough.[img]

Try www.milneroffroad.com They have tons of Delica parts at reasonable prices 1 is power steering the other may be your aircon belt.

1993 2.5 Exceed "Battle Bus"
mark.giles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys there is four belts not counting the cam belt and balance belts the belt nerest the front of the Delica is the air con belt then there is two belts that run the alternator and water pump and behind that is the pas belt i have replaced mine got them from milners but they could not seem to get the pas belt right not that nice a job to do! Crying or Very sad
robert8n

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's the PAS and the alternater, PAS is stiffening and the battery isn't retaining the charge well. Pity we can't post photos on this site.
mark.giles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can post pics on this site just use photobox. use the search part of this site i am sure it has been covered some were on this site if not send me the pics and i will post them for you. Laughing
robert8n

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using PhotoBox:
The two on the right are slack, I'm guessing they are the PAS and alternater, the left being the fan belt. In your case did you mean they couldn't find the right PAS belt or couldn't fit it ?

Thanks for your help,

mark.giles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate can't see the picture you need to make the pic's public on photobox so we can see them as for the pas belt they could not supply the right one.
robert8n

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that - should be viewable now. Did you find another source for the PAS belt ? As I'm in France my first port of call is the local supplier but whereas they could get L300 breaks pads no problem they having nothing listed for the various belts.
mark.giles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate the belt nearest to the fan is the pas belt and the two behind that are the alternator belts i am now getting the pas belt from mitsubishi i don't no if this is any help or not Smile
robert8n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great help Mark, as you can see from my fan belt presumption I know next to nothing. I am confused now though because that one is pretty tight, and the fluid level is correct but the steering is stiffening occasionally. And I guess I'll have to order two Alternator belts, I'd presumed there was only one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: