4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Towbars - how straightforward??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julieann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 20:58    Post subject: Towbars - how straightforward?? Reply with quote

Hi all

Second question of the night - we are having a towbar fitted to our LWB Deli on Friday.

Should the garage have needed the chassis number before saying they can do the job? He just said, "well, if its like a shogun I can do it".

Is it that straightforward Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 20:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Pajeropah
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be if you get the correct towbar. Fitted mine excluding the electrics in about 45 minutes. Took me about another hour or so to do a single electrical socket spread over 2 to 3 days. You do need to know the first 3 or 4 letters of the chassis number to get the correct towbar (ie PE8W or P35W (I think) meaning L400 or L300). HTH
Julieann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks thats what I thought. He didn't ask for that!!! Maybe I'll ring him tomorrow... :?
sten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fit it yourself, a fairly easy job and save a load of money. I fitted mine that I bought on ebay, about 45 mins to fit the bar and about an hour for the electrics.
safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one on E-Bay now with every thing you will need but note the chassis number.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-Delica-IMPORT-ONLY-TOW-BAR-KIT-Mi-456_W0QQitemZ330011700237QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33653QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
Eddie Smile
Sam Vimes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find the motorists discount shop, got the wrong one for me, even though the catalogue number was correct with the chassis number :? I got the correct one two weeks ago and was a TOW SURE Model TC705, this is for chassis series PE8W & PD8W
Fitted perfectly in 45 Min's
Good Luck
Andy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

did mine and as everyone else says about 45 mins plus about 1hr to sort/tidy /check electrics
henryswagon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julieann,

Two questions in one night eh? Tow bar fitting is easy if a little dirty. The rear panel, chassis and boot floor are predrilled to accept the tow bar and electrics.

Tow bar - have a look on EBAY, TOWEQUIP sell them for around £120 plus postage. If you have an L400 4WD you will need a TC705 tow bar.

To fit you will need to remove your rear nudge bar (if fitted), and use the fixing points for that. The forward fixing points for the bracing pieces is a little more tricky but not impossible.

Electrics – Pass the 7-core cable along the tow bar and up into the right hand light cluster, if you look underneath the vehicle you will see that there are two 35mm grommets, use one of these and feed the wires up past the bottle jack. Remove the light cluster (two screws and a good pull), to expose the wiring. You can pick up the R/H sidelight, R/H indicator stop light from there, there are also some earth points just behind the light cluster. Locate the feed to the fog light and connect and then run a two-core cable either around the boot gasket rubber or under the edge of the carpet to the L/H light cluster. You can then pick up the L/H sidelight and L/H indicator feed.

Good luck again, with the money you are saving you could afford a Pajero!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: