Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Strange Click on slow down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numptys numnuts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 20:19    Post subject: Strange Click on slow down Reply with quote

Can anyone give me an indication as to what may cause the following.

Driving along everything is fine. SLow down to around 20MPH and there is a click from underneath the car (Sounds like a relay) nothing happens to the car but I just get this annoying click. There are no clunks when it changes down or up but just this click on slow down.

This can be heard with the windows open which I am having to do at the moment becuase I never bothered to check the A/C unit and its empty Rolling Eyes

Is it something I need to get looked at or could it be due to lack of moisture and dust inside an electrical device.

KD-PE8W-HSEXF 2 H81E
(It's a Beast from the East)
Rolled off Production 03/02/95
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 20:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey
I know you say it sounds like a relay of some decription but it could also be a worn roll bar link bush or the lower wishbone bush,the former is described here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=642 before my links got too bad id get a sudden "click/clonk" noise,very hard to explain the sound almost as if a piece of metal slides and knocks the next bit :? also is well worth checking the suspension strut lower bush as these are proned to wearing,and then the obvious checks with the socket/spanners to make sure all sussy parts and steering etc are all tight ,id almost definately sayits not an electrical fault tho ,and id go with my previous suggestions.
The link arms are one complere unit and are available from milners i believe at £18.00 each,(check that these definately are the correct thing if you do buy them) from mits they are £36.00odd for the rears and £46 odd for the fronts each Shocked also you could check that all of the parts with grease points are in fact greased up and not dry as this too would cause the clicky type noises ,hope that all makes some sense,atb

Marc 8)

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Milners links are the correct ones. I fitted a pair on a Deli last week. 10 minute job once I found the correct socket! They seem just as good as the Mitsu ones (from the outside anyway) but, although they were £18 each this was plus deliver and plas VAT so worked out something like £55. Not much cheaper than going to Mitsu but they did turn up pretty pronto.
Ginja Nutz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not a stone stuck in the tyre or in the brake shield ?

How often does it 'click' ?
numptys numnuts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had my Stubby Links done today and boy does it make a difference.

Unfortunately I couldn't get my nuts undone and after struggling for 30 minutes and the ratchet set making very strange noises I ended up getting a mechanic round to look at them. 20 Mintues after he arrived all was done and off I went.

Apart from no clicking clunking noise and braking or turning I can't believe how different the vehicle feels. It feels like it grips better and is more responsive in the turns. It also seems to bounce less over the roads and speed bumps which is amazing.

The mechanic was a 4 x 4 fanatic and offer to take me out on their green laning days so I will keep all interested if I get some dates.

KD-PE8W-HSEXF 2 H81E
numptys numnuts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention the Stubby links purchased were from Milners courtesy of the Beaulieu day which was handy. Laughing

KD-PE8W-HSEXF 2 H81E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: