Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Side door fouling on New Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaundy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 14:50    Post subject: Side door fouling on New Tyres Reply with quote

I have just added new Wheels and tyres to my '95 Delica. The offset of the wheel is different to the usual and the tyre over hangs from the body a little. When i open the sliding side door it is now fouling on the tyre and will only open halfway. Can someone help me with how i can increase to clearance from the wheel. What parts need changing and where could i get them from.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 14:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must be sticking out some way to foul the door. There is a special bracket which fixes it but I've never seen one so don't know what it looks like . But I believe it fits on the bottom brackets and makes the bottom of the door move out. I would imagine you will need a set of arches to cover the tyres as well Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the wheels are touching the side door then as rusty says there is a bracket to be had (i thought it went on the middle /could be wrong)

But before doing anythig ,have you checked your tyre to arch clearence on the front ,check lock to lock ,wheels that wide would normaly rub badly without some kind of mod Rolling Eyes

SCATT
chaundy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have to make some minor mod to the front as it was rubbing a little. It have good clearance now. Does ANYONE know where i could start looking for this bracket. Thinking myself it would be the middle one. Am looking into the wheel arch requirments too. Anyone one know the legal limit?

The tyres are Bridgstone - Duelers 235x75x15 (£240 for 4) These should fit as people have discussed them on this site. i have put it down to the offset on the wheel.
BigBlue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much clearance you need but I have a similar problem  (265/70/16 on -0 offset 8 inch wide wheels) I was thinking of making a spacer between the sliding bracket and the door this could give you about 5-8 mm clearance which is about all i need.I haven't tried it yet so i don't know if it will affect the closing of the door ?

That must be a real hefty offset mate if your only 235 tyres  ...    Shocked
scattman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would think the spacer should work (maybe even thicker) Wink Wink
Here is a pic of a bracket made by someone on a jap site,hope it helps a little Wink CLICK THE PIC

You could always try Bruce (metal monkeys) Wink 8)

SCATT
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's deffo down to the offset then because I've got 265/70x15's on 7" Paj wheels now, and they don't stick out far enough to cause problems Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Rusty
No probs with sliding door ,just front clearance (hammer and grinder sorts it out fine) Laughing

SCATT
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

must be offset...235*16's on mine on 7" rims and sticking out far enough to require arches...and the doors fine!

also you will require arches as legally the wheel Can't protrude beyond the bodywork....thats why all mini's with minilights have em!
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE KICK INSIDE wrote:
m...s legally the wheel Can't protrude beyond the bodywork....

So all we have to do is convince the pointy headed ones that the mirrors are classed as 'bodywork' Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case anyone know where I can get mirror extensions  ?  Twisted Evil  Laughing
Plumbpipe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 0:17    Post subject: Side Door Fouling Reply with quote

Hi Chaundy,

My 2.8 Deli is fitted with outsize tyres and wheel spacers shoving them right out about 3 inches, it's also got wide wheel arches and to counteract the door problem it has a special extension fitted to the center rail runner, if I get a chance this weekend I'll post some pics of it for you.........it might be of some help but I don't know who fitted them as it was already this way when I bought it.

Steve
chaundy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plumbpipe - This sounds just what i want. its still a problem for me and really annoying when i went camping in it the other weekend. if you could send me some pix and any into on the extension that would be GREAT!

Rusty - See you are in bournemouth area. where do you service your Delica. someone good and fair priced is what i am look for. hope you can help
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaundy wrote:
Rusty - See you are in bournemouth area. where do you service your Delica. someone good and fair priced is what i am look for. hope you can help

Hi chaudy. I (And many others here) use SVS at Woolsbridge Ind Est nr 3 leg X. Take a look in the 'Service providers' section for the full address and number Wink Mark.Giles will sort you out and he's a member here.
Also if you can, keep an eye out for a Hants & Dorset meet in the future in the 'Club Events' section. Not to mention the New Forest meet coming up early September Wink Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: