4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Spare to USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlsimpso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 23:58    Post subject: Spare to USA Reply with quote

Greetings from the USA.

Please let me know if I am in the wrong forum.

Has anyone tried shipping L300 body spares to the US? The Mitsu dealers here can't get parts here anymore. The L300 Delica, called the Van/Wagon has been moved to Mitsubishi antique status according to my local dealer. I have about 322670 kilometers (if I converted from 200500 miles correctly) on mine and the rot is taking over (lots of salt here).

Thank you for any information.

Rob

1989 Mitsubishi Van/Wagon LS LHD US Spec.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 23:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
The L300 Delica, called the Van/Wagon

Also search on "Star Wagon" for that model

I think these people ship mitsi parts worldwide
http://www.norjac.co.uk/import.htm

might also be worth asking on the australian club forum
http://www.~.com/

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
BCSurfWagon

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey USA you have any resources for part suppliers in North America.
rlsimpso

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I have been able to do so far is 1stmitsubishiparts.com.

https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

They are really only good for mechanical parts like alternators and shocks.

Finding body panels and trim is a problem. Mine is LHD, which seems to be rare in english speaking countries with good weather and little to no road salt.

I have a friend in Japan right now who is supposed to be looking for me. Apparently they don't have junk yards like in the US. They have "auto recyclers" where you give them a list of parts and they get them for you. He says they don't actually have anything at the stores themselves, so he can't be sure of what he is ordering.

It doesn't help any that he doesn't know much about the vans:P

I have had some luck welding on patch panels, but only the large flat parts. My metal forming skills are amatuer at best, and I am short of the proper tools.

I am considering taking a trip and seeing what I can find. It looks like you can get 1/2 of a shipping container for about $1000USD. It has probably gone up, now that I think about it. 2 more years is a long time to live with dubwa, but I digress.

I think that may be enough space to fit an entire van, and fill it with parts. The only problem is the DOT won't let me bring one in and register it, unless it is 25 years or olders. It is a stupid rule. Have a look at the link below if you have a few hours to kill.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

I will be sure to post a message if and when I do ever try to bring some parts in.

Rob

rlsimpso

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing you are running a diesel. As best I can tell, the van were not sold with a diesel option. I don't think they have anything for the diesel engines. From what I have read on most of the posts, you have a very different alternator and exhaust arrangement. I am not sure how much help they may be to you. Sad

The mighty max pickup was sold a diesel, so that may be another way to go. I'm not sure what they were called in Canada. I still don't get the whole naming thing. Just give it a name and call it that everwhere you sell it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: