Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

SPEED SENSOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonundr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 21:13    Post subject: SPEED SENSOR Reply with quote

HI
I'm JUST PREPARING FOR SVA TEST, FITTED SPEED SENSOR NOW HAVE LOST OVERDRIVE!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
P.S. ANY OTHER ADVICE ON THE SVA TEST, APART FROM THE REAR FOG LIGHT.
THANKS A LOT :?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 21:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, is it properly warmed up when you're checking for overdrive? The speedo converter shouldn't make any diffeerence at all to the way OD work on these. If it's not properly warmed up then OD won't engage. Or if the coolant temp controlled switch ain't working, then OD won't work.
Re SVA - did you book it in prior to 1 April 04?

If you booked it in prior to 1 April 04 and you already have the Z number (issued for the appointment) then it will go through the old SVA scheme. In this case you can put it in for SVA as a disabled conversion (ONLY if booked in prior to 1 April) which means fitting a steering wheel knob, doing speedo, foglight and ditching everything that it could fail on (ie bars, curtains, ladders etc as some testers are very scrupulous especially now with the new regs). If you don't want to put it through as a disabled conversion you will need to sort out front/rear brake balance as they brake too strongly on the rear compared with the front.
Full details of what's required can be found here:
http://www.millisperformancecars.co.uk/sva_manual_draft.pdf
and this will tell you what's what.
If it wasn't already booked in then you have to go through ESVA which means you have to have brake balance and so on sorted out. Read the manual and everything you need to know is in there. It will fail with any after market modifications which includes suspension, exhaust and so on. The vehicle must be standard. Never used to be this harsh but it is now!

If you have any questions about this you're welcome to get in touch with me.
jonundr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 13:40    Post subject: ESVA Reply with quote

PETE
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I HAVE TRIED TO LOOK AT THE WEB ADDRESS FOR THE MANUAL BUT FOR SOME REASON I JUST GET A BLANK PAGE. IF YOU COULD EMAIL ME IT THAT WOULD BE GREAT.
BASICALLY I've ONLY JUST APPLIED FOR THE TEST SO IT WILL BE THE ESVA I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT. I'M IN THE MOTOR TRADE BUT HAVE NEVER HAD TO PREPARE FOR ONE OF THESE TESTS, SO I'M REALLY NEEDING THE MANUAL ETC. GOT IN TOUCH WITH JC IMPORTS, AND YES HE DOES PREPARE THEM ETC FOR A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY.
SO IF I COULD GET TO CHECK THE VEHICLE AGAINST THE MANUAL HOPEFULLY I CAN DO MY BEST FOR PASSING THE TEST WHEN I TAKE IT TO NEWCASTLE.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.
JON
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view the manual you need to have Adobe Acrobat Viewer installed if you haven't already.
You can install it as a free download from here
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
The web page I've put the manual on is definitely working. If you still can't access it then let me know.
Noquistan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:13    Post subject: Overdrive problems Reply with quote

Hi .. just had a bunch of these myself..

Assuming you are talking about the speed sensor on the left hand side of the gearbox. (4m40)

This little sucker supplies information to the speedo and the gearbox ecu (for the overdrive) if it is not giving a clean pulse the first thing to die is your O/D .. your speedo is prob wrong too (lazy reading slow).

Possible causes

crook sensor (try a mates)
worn drive gear (sticking into gearbox, these wear out)
Drive put back on wrong setting. If you have taken the drive out or loosened it (1 x 12mm bolt through a horseshoe ) it can be put back 4 different ways.. only one works .. You should be able to tell by the dirt which two slots had the prongs in them .. then the top may be dirtier than the bottom.

good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: