Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

northwest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 19:23    Post subject: northwest Reply with quote

any plans for a meet in the north? i am near blackpool so most meets are a good 4/5 hours away at least. by the way i have just been on my hols in poole,dorset, how many delicas are there down there!!!!! up here there seem to be very few.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 19:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 19:40    Post subject: Re: northwest Reply with quote

chiefie wrote:
any plans for a meet in the north? i am near blackpool so most meets are a good 4/5 hours away at least. by the way i have just been on my hols in poole,dorset, how many delicas are there down there!!!!! up here there seem to be very few.

There are loads. But mine was the first (L400)...., I saw anyway Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:11    Post subject: Re: northwest Reply with quote

rustysparks wrote:

SO!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:17    Post subject: Re: northwest Reply with quote

Beat wrote:
rustysparks wrote:

SO!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

WHAT? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:52    Post subject: Re: northwest Reply with quote

chiefie wrote:
any plans for a meet in the north?

Chiefie,

Due to my job and the limited time I get to see my girlfriend, a meet in the N/W would be out of the question for me I'm afraid... Sad Sad

Having run a number of meets when I was in the Smartclub, and a few (joint ventures with Astra) with this club, all I can say is that IF there isn't a meet going near you.......start one yourself :D :D

Even if you only get one other member come along, it's still a good laugh just to share experiences face to face with another Delica owner.

My first (Smart meet) turned out to be tiny Shocked , but it was one of the most fun and memorable meets I've ever been to.

You never know - you might be surprised by the response? There may well be a handful of people near you who are thinking what you are thinking - it just needs someone to take the plunge, stick thier neck out and arrange something.

Astra & I did the same with the Bristol meet - we decided to get together for a chat & some lunch (with her hubby & kids & my girlfriend) because nothing seemed to be happening in the Bristol area. Next thing we know - 15 cars were coming (L200's & Paj's as well as Delica's!! 8) ) We had no grand plans other than to meet at a pub, but it seemed to get a good response. As far as we know, this was the biggest gathering of Delica's at the time - even though we only set out to have a few. We couldn't have anticipated the response.

As for distance - we had cars from Devon (Big-T in L200), Gloucester (Li'l Ali in Paj), Oxford (Joolz in L300), Essex (Beat (Oldskool back then!! Wink ) in L400) and so on....(sorry if I've missed any of the long distance attendee's?? Embarassed ) So I'm sure you'll have an equally wide catchment for your meet if you arrange one - ESPECIALLY if none have been arranged before in that area?

One other thing - one of the members on this site (are you reading this Colin?? Wink ) left notes on the windscreens of Delica owners around Bristol regarding the Worcester meet. As a result, 3 more Deli's came along who didn't know anything about the meet. More would have come, but it was too short notice for them - but it shows the impact a bit of pro-active 'marketing' can have..... 8)

Best of luck,

Bruce.

chiefie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers bruce,if i can get the time i may just do that and meet anyone (or no one!)in a pub somewhere. if anyone in the northwest is looking in give me an idea if you are interested and where you are and we can oganise something
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: