4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Cornwall meet, 8-1-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of pics of the first Cornish meet. Unfortunately we were hampered by the local council's blocking of certain byways in our attempts to go "Green Laning", so we will be investigating more routes and taking issue with the councils via GLASS.

Carn Brea monument with something more interesting in the foreground!

My son as a bonnet mascot. He wouldn't stay there for the rest of the trip though, can't think why?????

Standby for some more pics from the rest of the crew........

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 17:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mark.bass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you got your meet up and running I'm waiting patiently for the pics

hope you had a good day

View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Had a great afternoon and Charlotte wants to know when we are going again. :D :D Thats 1 member of the family on my side. Laughing Laughing Some more pics from our meet. Wink http://photobucket.com/albums/f347/james1959/Cwll%20first%20off%20road/Just testing. What do u know! it works

B+Q car park having a quick inspection.

one of the wrong turns we made :?

Where to now scratch

Some vehicals are just not good enough for the Cornish countryside. thumbright thumbleft

Freelander Question

Time for a cuppa at Chiverton Little chef....................and a tea cakes......
....................and Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Green/Brown lanes :D :D :D

Biggest puddle we found. :D Wink :D Laughing Laughing

We are going to do more research and find more green lane routes and maybe more of the Cwll Delli owners can have more mud, fun and pancakes. :D :D :D Laughing Laughing
Thanks guys for a great afternoon.
Andy & Charlotte.

Silver 1994 Space Gear. Manual. 2.8 turbo.
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

A most enjoyable afternoon following a somewhat shakey start!!

After what appeared to be very little interest we had 6 Delis turn up.

However, 1 had turned up to say hi, but had to be somewhere else, so down to 5.

Headed off to Poldice Valley, clearly shown as BOATs lane on the OS maps. Unfortunately, signage, both official and unofficial, indicated otherwise

Another couple of attempts to get onto BOAT lanes proved fruitless due to great lumps of granite obstructing t'way. Vehicular access to countryside around these 'ere parts is a particularly sensitive issue at the moment, so we didn't want to rock the 'boat' (sorry 8) )...It was a very sunny Sunday afternoon, so there were lots of walkers out and about.
Anyway, lost another Deli as the afternoon was wearing on and hadn't actually been anywhere near off-road yet.

Finally, a little local knowledge came in handy, and off we went....

3 most enjoyable lanes with a stop at a 'Little Thief' after the second and a great big puddle to finish it all off with!!

....the rest of the pictures we took can be viewed ( I hope!! :? ) at...
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/2400494

Got a little video to follow too, when I work out how to store / access it Embarassed

It took a while to get going, but considering it was organised on a wing and a prayer at remarkably short notice, we really enjoyed it. And who knows, could be the start of something
BIG
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pleasure to meet y'all and hope to see you all again in the near future.

Cheers,

Dave.

p.s. - there are some 'arty' photos in the album Wink ...others may call them 'out of focus'..but hey!!..it was a bumpy lane and we prefer to think of them as 'arty' :D
40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 22:42    Post subject: cornwall meet Reply with quote

Great pics Dave. 8)
I like the one of the rear windo de mister Laughing
I am just going to set up an account with Photo box. Seem the easy way to post pics. It took me 1 1/2 hrs to do mine :?
See ya soon
Andy

mark.bass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

good pics keep them comming when i was down ther was loads of lanes in the penzance area did you try any of them

View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

No We went the other way, arround the Truro and Redruth area. Let us know next time your down this way and we can see if we can arrange somthing. 8)

mark.bass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

will probally be down sometime this yera as we have family down in hayle most of the lanes we found were from landsend to penzance sort of way

mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 23:36    Post subject: Re: cornwall meet Reply with quote

40+ Cruiser wrote:
Great pics Dave. 8)
I like the one of the rear windo de mister Laughing
I am just going to set up an account with Photo box. Seem the easy way to post pics. It took me 1 1/2 hrs to do mine :?
See ya soon
Andy

Personally, I've gotta say I prefer yours mate :D ...much better subject matter Wink

Rear window demister = arty shot, as per disclaimer in the p.s. Laughing

Photobox is relatively easy but it's best to send the photos to yourself first through hotmail as their 'image attach' reduces 400k photos to 25(ish)k, which is really useful with upload times and storage capacities.
Trouble I get is forgetting which address to put in the post to make the picture appear. There are about 3 or 4 options from Photobox and I don't do it regularly enough to remember Embarassed

See you later,

Dave.
cainey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad timing on my part and the Delica's meant i missed this one! had physio at 1pm and had to squeeze that into getting the van started - probably fuel pump seals!!!

looks like you had a great time - would definitely be interested in the next one

have you seen this site - http://vamp.idlers.org/~jaffa/cornwall.htm, went for a close look at the St Mawgan one last week, water was fast and 0.5m so we didn't tackle it but it could be more fun after a few dry days, steep descent, (~16%)and then steep to get out as well - definitely 4WD Low stuff - the whole lane is only about 1 or 2 miles long but there are others close by and a friendly farmer who does tow outs for a tenner !!!

on another note has anyone had fuel pump seals done locally? any info appreciated

cheers

cainey

:D
chiefie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a foot note to add to your, obviously, sucsessful day.(puddle looks fun :D )

if a BOAT(byway open to all traffic) has been deliberately blocked with no official signs to say it is shut, whoever blocked it is breaking the law and the council has an obligation to keep the byway open to traffic(think of someone blocking your road with boulders, it wouldn't take long for the council to shift them Wink )

get in touch with the local rights of way officer at the council, good people to know and usually helpful with such matters.

hth
40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys ,found my glasses floating arround the floor of the Delli :D glasses7

Quote:
if a BOAT(byway open to all traffic) has been deliberately blocked with no official signs to say it is shut, whoever blocked it is breaking the law

Hiya Cheifie,
There has been a lot of trouble in this locality with moto Xers ripping up and down the lanes which are generally used by the people who live
along them, horse riders, cyclists and walkers. There have been public meetings and lots of mud slinging back and forth between the house owners and crossers who don’t seem to care who they upset.
The police have been out in force on several occasions and even using the police helicopter to take number plates with a view to prosecute some of the bikers Rolling Eyes .
To be honest I wouldn’t like all in sundry driving past my door on a Sunday afternoon either but we decided that discretion was the best option. The sign did say "no access to Poldice Valley" which could be correct.
The lane in question is marked as a Boat and be assured we will be contacting the local council. I have a mate who in a mountain bike club and he has told me there are 3 different ways into the Poldice valley. Getting a map tomorrow and have a look Wink
Large lumps of granit have been used to block many of the lanes around this area to stop "new age travelers" (I have another name for them) from squatting on large sections of public land.

Still haven’t tested the switches on the gearbox yet. Possible job on Wednesday. thumbright

Andy

chiefie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guys on the crossers are spoiling it for everyone then Evil or Very Mad

i just thought i would share my little knowledge with you, it should still have an official sign up from the RoW office saying it is closed to motor vehicles, no signs means it 'should' be open for use Rolling Eyes

let me know how your switch testing goes mate Wink
40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to talk to the guy with the green over gray L400 Delli from Newquay that came to the meet. Can't rember his name scratch . He has got a couple of tyres I am interested in. Can you contact me at
andrewjgreen@talk21.com
Andy

40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just thought i would share my little knowledge with you, it should still have an official sign up from the RoW office saying it is closed to motor vehicles, no signs means it 'should' be open for use

Do you know if there is any way pressure can be applyed to get the lanes trimed out?
Many of the marked lanes are overgrown or only have a narrow path through them.
Andy

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much doult the council will be willing to 'trim' them Rolling Eyes But you could always volunteer to do it when checking with them that you are okay to drive it Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

40+ Cruiser wrote:
Hey Guys ,found my glasses floating arround the floor of the Delli :D glasses7

Andy

Glad to hear it mate....obviously need glasses to spot.....your glasses ?? :D

That's a problem with having acres of floorspace for things to go missing in. I've lost things down there that turn up months later and I've totally forgotten I'd got...CDs / money / family members :D :D :D
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
I very much doult the council will be willing to 'trim' them Rolling Eyes But you could always volunteer to do it when checking with them that you are okay to drive it Wink Laughing

A-ha!!!...opportunity to use the scimitar attachment for the side of the Deli Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
chiefie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

take you own hedge trimmers, loppers etc you can ask the council as they should keep the lanes drivable. you could try the GLASS rep, i will dig around for his details for you Wink

p.s. was gonna phone you today, but got waylaid, sorry :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: