Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

MitziBit’s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Common room ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:15    Post subject: MitziBit’s Reply with quote

Anyone else had a problem with contacting Mitzibits?
Have emailed them 3 times and have had absolutely no response!.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried phoning them, Ian? (01709) 560006
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, I used their website and entered details of Mitsi.
Surely they check their emails!
I think the fuel solenoid is just sticking due to lack of use.
Last time I ran her she stopped in a shorter time than before.
Not using her as much as now have no animals that require hay and foodstuffs any more.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it opening/starting okay, and is it causing any problems when running? I can't find a replacement on-line, but thinking outside the box, I found that there are universal alternatives, but you'd have to find a way of allowing fuel to flow past the existing stop valve. When my Peugeot one failed (wouldn't open), fortunately there was an easily removable O ring around the plunger. I just has to put it in gear and stall it it until I got a new solenoid, - not possible with the auto Deli, you'd have to stifle its air supply:-  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224568534083

Hoping you are well and have managed to clear what you wanted to. I'm starting to get out on the bike a bit - helps me to clear my head of the various car issues we've been having - all three of them. Fortunately, the Saab is now MoTed, belt-serviced, and hopefully trouble free for the foreseeable. Deli on final leg of new head install (touch wood and fingers crossed!)

(oversize link shortened, as affecting page format. With ebay link you only need to copy and paste the link up to the first question mark. Admin)
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

She starts and runs no problem it’s stopping earlier every time I start her, so just must be lack of use!
Put some redex in the tank to try and clean and lubricate it.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's all coming good. Mine has been one thing after another since it's timing belts snapped, just after Christmas. Latest things are : Brand new complete head (less the sprocket -you fit the old one) came with bag of gaskets and a seal, seal identical to the crank pulley seal I had already bought and fitted, so I thought that's what it was, - so spare. Gates replacement belt arrived- didn't fit, wrong profile of teeth. Refitted previous belt, compromised by the old camshaft seizing in new bearings, just so I could move it out of the garage to do MoT work on Saab and Merc, and ordered a new one of the same item number- so guaranteed to fit. Removed timing covers to fit new belt - oil all over the front of the engine. That's when I discovered there was no camshaft bearing seal installed! Had to hold IP front shaft with spanner to release belt tension to remove, then released spanner, pump sprang round nearly 1/4 turn, and for no apparent reason, its front seal started to drip diesel.

Now awaiting front seal to arrive from Mark Murrell, who posted it within two hours of me ordering today! So hopefully, it will be back up and running by the weekend - 10 weeks and around £600 on from the original failure. Lesson learned.
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are getting on with it.
I would have probably scrapped Mitsi with those problems.
I have a new 100 watt solar panel to install but just cannot get up the interest to do it.
I have stuff to do all over the house as well but again I need to make the effort.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Deli, I just made myself do two hours per day, four or five days a week. slowly but surely. I have been out on the bike on only four occasions so far this year - down to to the weather. Charity easter egg run to Dumfries this weekend. I can only imagine it's hard to find motivation in your situation. Looking forward to some sunny and longer days, Deli and bike meets. Once I know the Deli is running properly, I'm going to organise another northern meet.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

MitzyBits must be working.
I ordered a rear droplink, yesterday afternoon and received an email back last night, from Royal Mail, advising the item would be delivered today.  Very Happy

NB: Delivered by Royal Mail just after lunch.  Very Happy

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Common room ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: