Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 crystal light - pop top conversion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Hard to believe you did all that with no real experience of making and fabricating. The finished result looks very good, showing great ingenuity and skill in the practical use of space and accessibility. I like the way you have retained its original outline with the subtle use of black paint!
I look forward now, to seeing your adventures, because that's what all this is leading up to.
Despite having professional joinery skills, I have never done more than the most basic, slot-together and removeable camper conversion, as my L300 gets used for many purposes, and ultimately, I don't want to do anything irreversible or damage its original interior.
Bon voyage, I hope it provides much trouble-free overlanding and great adventures; it will surely attract a lot of interest and curiosity wherever you go!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

peter_rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

big thank you Andyman!

well, as said, I like doing stuff and sometimes I bite off more than I can chew , all of my friends were laughing at me when I told them about my plan. once you reach the point of no return you either quit or show some grit :-)

I hope to get a paint job done soon as the rear is pretty rough still but yes, I want to keep the black back pack.
first adventure shall be Marocco in April. I had no chance yet to take it offroad anywhere, right after getting the registration I started to cut it up.
anyways I do have a Landcruiser for more than 12yrs now and have lots of offroad experience with it, curious how it is going to handle compare to it. the weight difference is massive. my Landcruiser weighs 2440kg including roof top tent ( it has a winch and massive bumpers, bigger Tyres....) opposed to the Deli´s 2105kg in a comparable outfit now, well I think the Deli shall be lots more practical vs the Toyo now.

I also want to fit new shocks, probably ironman nitro gas as not much choice around here. they support up to 40mm lift so in case I upgrade the coils/torsion bars in future it should be good. my preferred option would be tough dog foam cells which I use in the Toyo, they are fantastic but I can´t get a parts reference, they are not offering them for the L400 but I know that people do fit them so there must be some cross reference to other cars I guess but as said could not find out.
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

here I have just stitched together the pictures I took in the process building the camper from the beginning which hold a lot of details

https://youtu.be/zAXI_nFpNbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJKbEidD52c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZtdOa6Imzo
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing your adventures. If you ever get to the Lake District in the UK, let me know - I'd like to see your bus for real, and shake your hand.
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx again! and also for the invite, indeed we plan to come that way sometime.
I travelled through Wales for a few days when I bought my first car from the UK in 2012, really liked it and want to travel the island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: