Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Heater bleed screw, and Mitsubishi parts in general.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 0:26    Post subject: Heater bleed screw, and Mitsubishi parts in general. Reply with quote

The plastic bleed screw (next to the air intake behind the battery) becomes very fragile with age. I believe that it is sensible to loosen it to release any air in the system after draining and refilling for some reason. I have broken one, even though I was careful. Can anyone suggest where to obtain a replacement?

My local Mitsubishi dealership is pretty much unwilling to make any attempt to obtain spares for the Delica as it is a grey import. Their justification is that a third party company has taken on the franchise for supplying parts, now that Mitusubishi have pulled out of Europe. I have been told that the agreement for orders from the manufacturer is confined to current uk models.

Is this the experience of others, or is the guy I have spoken to making excuses? Can anyone recommend a helpful parts department at a Mitsubishi dealership? Over the years, there have been a few good references, but I don't have any record.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 0:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

JimmyG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should have called this the Coolant Bleed Screw, apologies.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does no other Mitsubishi have a similar bleed screw?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a M12, 1.5tpi bolt, with 2cm of thread, so any plastic bolt, that size will fit.

Otherwise contact Mitzi Bitz, in Rotherham:- https://www.mitzybitz.com/

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Lewis says, you can use a plain bolt to stop it leaking, but it is less messy to bleed, if slower, with a proper bleed screw! If you are really careful/clever, or know someone who is, you can drill a hole up the centre of a plain bolt, then cross drill to the centre hole 2mm or 3mm below the head of the bolt, making your own bleed screw!
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 20:37    Post subject: Small correction Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
It is a M12, 1.5tpi bolt, with 2cm of thread, so any plastic bolt, that size will fit.

/

Sorry Lewis, a tiny correction = M12 * 1.25 mm pitch.

Quite some time back, I put out "a feeler" if folks would want these made, response was zilch.

Mr D
JimmyG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this.

I have thought about just using an ordinary bolt. As for trying to cross reference to other Mitsubishi models, that would require an extremey helpful Parts Department. My local one in York is next to useless, always busy, and with no idea about the Delica.

I have a similar issue trying to find parts when I go to Greece. They are unable to reference via the VIN Number, because it simply isn't on their data base, being a vehicle not manaufactured for Europe. So, it requires knowledge and experience to find a garage who are willing to try cross reference to another L400 model.  

It would be interesting, and helpful, to hear if others are experiencing difficulties with obtaining Mitusubishi parts via main dealers these days. The way it was explained to me is that the Company who have the franchise to supply parts for Mitsubishi, now they have withdrawn from Europe, could be able to supply anything that is a standard stock item. However, anything that is a little less common comes up as "no longer available". They will not set up an order from Japan for anything which is not used on current Mitusubishi models. Where does that put us with Delicas?
ClockworkOwl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had this issue , yet...
  I have always had a good relationship with my local Mitsy parts dpt. Currently Wessex Garages Gloucester.
I recently got all four main parts of the power steering pipes, one was a special order and took ages, but no issue, and no premium ( other than the usual Mitsi one..).
 I also got a quote for lower wishbones complete, that's not a UK part.
 I guess it depends on who they are and how much they give a rats bum, it may be worth asking at another dealers.
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norjac Mitsubishi at Carnforth, Lancs are/were a long term, helpful and knowledgeable bunch, but it's a long time since I used them. Not sure if they are still trading, but might be worth a search?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: