Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 suspension upgrade - foam cell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:35    Post subject: L400 suspension upgrade - foam cell? Reply with quote

hi All,
browsed so many posts now but still have questions.

most of all, I plan to do a lot of overlanding with the Deli now that it is almost ready to go, first trip shall be Morocco in spring time.
having done lots of overlanding with my Toyota Prado I have come to fit foam cell shock absorbers which give a great handling and endurance on gravel and washboard roads.
asked around on facebook but no viable feedback on it, yet.

in my Toyo I use tough dog foam cell which I am super happy with. tough dog does not list the L400 as potential application, only when guessing from other manufacturer like Ironman I can assume part numbers but still donīt know if they will fit as they have a bore of 41mm vs 35mm on nitrogas or probably 30 oem.

has anyone fitted foam cells and can point me in the right direction?

for the moment I am not necessarily planning for new springs or torsion bars as they seem to be fit still and the tough dog or ironman dampers will support up to 50mm (2") lift anyways in case I will upgrade altough given my car port clearance I should not go any higher as the pop top roof builds a 217cm (85") already.

thanks
peter
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

peter_rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay guys,

now actually found out the tough dog part numbers, non ECS

they don't actually list shocks for the vehicle however the following Foam Cell part numbers are compatible:

Front FC42057B & Rear FC41388

I have ordered them now at Euro4x4parts
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, Peter. It may be that long distance overland trips are not big on the agenda in UK forums. Australia, however, has lots of washboard roads taking large quantities of long-distance traffic. You may get some good info and alternatives by asking these questions on some of their forums (FB). Don't hesitate to keep asking questions here though, - we'll help if we can.
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Andy,

yes, were I live we are even more limited in what we can actually do. Austria and greenlaning? no way! meaning we travel at least 6-7hrs to either Romania or the Balcans to get some greenlaning and overlanding feeling and dirty Tyres. once a year we take a trip to Tunisia, this year it will be Morocco as baptism of fire for the Deli, so meaning carrying lot of equipment, spares , extra fuel, water and thatīs where the suspension is getting challenged. the foam cells are holding up to this task all day long, my last set in the toyo lasted for almost 50kmiles and itīs no daily driver meaning it got a lot of abuse...
I also ordered the +300kg coils for the rear so I do it in one go, in front I will tweak the torsion bars a bit and then get wheels aligned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: