Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Wiper linkage joints/bushes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 14:07    Post subject: Wiper linkage joints/bushes? Reply with quote

Hi. I was fed up with my wipers being noisy, jerky and generally not wiping so overhauled the whole system last year. I replaced the OE wiper linkage joints with a pattern set from fleabay. All was well until today when one of the joints popped off and the nylon insert/bush/joint (call it what you will) has disappeared. I'm struggling to find any options for buying a single insert and I begrudge having to pay £30 for a complete set of FOUR when I only need ONE! Total value of the parts is probably 20p, I guess we pay a premium for a niche product. Sad

Does anyone have any suggestions for a single replacement item please? An OE number might be helpful, I can't find it on the Delica fiche. I might be able to get a cross ref from OE via Tecdoc.
Thanks and regards
RobH
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 14:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently these bushes are available.

Some time back Lewis posted about them from ebay. Might have been posted on fb tho  Question

Unfortunately I got ill, did not chase up the part, now with a rainy season the need is getting urgent - - - must do "summit" about it:  Rolling Eyes

The other bit = How are the bushes fitted  Question  

Mr D
RobH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had to bite the bullet and buy a new set of 4 from fleabay at extortionate cost, I only need to replace the one that failed from the last set. I don't have time to argue whether this is a valid warranty claim. I suppose I've got spares for next time they fail. Can't have non functioning wipers at this time of year Sad
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
Apparently these bushes are available.

Some time back Lewis posted about them from ebay. Might have been posted on fb tho

Deker... You're thinking of this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=323406

They are only available prefitted to the specific linkage section.

However since then I found a product, sold on e-bay, called polymorphic plastic. which is a reformable nylon, whichI have used a fair bit to make various odd items, including nock ends for arrows, moulds for fishing weights, replacements for broken screwdriver and knife handles.....

See:- [img]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203943221256[/img]

It's easy to use as it comes in pellet form, which you put into a cup, or even a paint spraycan cap, and pour boiling water on them.  They soften up into one transparent blob, after which you pour the water out to get hold of it, then mold as required. As it hardens it turns white.

I made this 'finger extension' to go inside my diving glove. so I could safely hold onto rusty metal when taking photos in wrecks. It's also come in useful for poking in the bottom of my Del's door to retrieve nuts and circlips, that were 'just that bit too far to grip.'

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: