2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Any Francophiles on here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim_lewis1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:45    Post subject: Any Francophiles on here? Reply with quote

HI all,

I am trying to import my Delica to France having decided to jump ship from the UK given the ongoing disaster unfolding there.

In order to register it correctly in France I have to obtain a document from Mitsubishi which proves it is up to EU standards.

Bizarrely, on contacting Mitsubishi France for this document, they require me to provide the vehicle weight (as it appears on the UK registration document) but of course, it isn't on th UK document.

I say bizarrely, as I assumed the vehicle weight of one of their own products would be known to them.

Anyway, I have two questions:

1. Has anyone imorted a Delica to France and has any useful info to share?

2. Are the various running weights, allowed weight etc. provided somewher eon the vehicle? A plate perhaps?

Thanks for any assistance

Jim
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jim_lewis1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention:

It is 2006 SWB L400 facelift (Active Field) 3l petrol auto, 7 seater. Unmodified
jim_lewis1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had not considered at all the issue regarding the headlights. Has anyone had any luck receiving or sourcing these parts in France?

If it's going to be an extra £500 (as the price on one site seemed to indicate) it is not going to be cost effective to keep my van.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this older post for sourcing LH Headlights:-  http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19440

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jim_lewis1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it is because I read that thread I realised the issue. Searching on that part no. has given a couple of global suppliers, but if anyone in France has direct experience it would be valuable to know. As I said, £500 for new lights is going to kill this project dead! It was already looking like £500 plus for the various docs etc.
jim_lewis1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the part numbers given in that thread also appropriate for the face lift L400?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per line one on the post, those numbers are for the Series 1.

The Facelift model is Series 2, which are a different shape, therefore will have different part numbers.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per line one on the post, those numbers are for the Series 1.

The Facelift model is Series 2, which are a different shape, therefore will have different part numbers.

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: