Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica d5 entertainment navigation system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica D5 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattdelica

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 21:05    Post subject: Delica d5 entertainment navigation system Reply with quote

Does anyone know anywhere I can buy or can I change my Japanese system to English language.  Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 21:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

metung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet but will do soon.  Was looking at interior pics of similar age outlanders on autotrader,  might be the way to go.
At the moment I have radio frequencies scribbled on the back of an envelope.
The 'jukebox' function just gives me loads of previously recorded j-pop which is dire.  That and mariah carey's xmas album which is even more dire.
I did randomly manage to record some midnight oil,  but have no idea how i did that.  
And now the cd player has packed in.
The sat nav has me sitting in tokyo harbour.
But i do like the display for the reversing camera.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question has come up several times over the years and from what I recall there are three things to note.

1. You can change the language.
2. The Nav system will only work in Japan.
3. The commercial radio is limited to one channel.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
lownete

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick up my D5 this Saturday but have already got the same head unit from an Outlander (UK spec).
Will have a swop round to see if this works and I get UK sat nav coverage.
Will let you know, fingers crossed.
Smifster73

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lownete
Did it work, was you able to switch the head unit for a UK one??
I am looking to buy a D5 and would be really interested to see your findings!!
lownete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, So i picked up an outlander unit of the same year, I swopped the hard drive but just got an error message so i swopped the complete unit and it had no sound, cameras or satnav.
Basically it wouldn't work.
I'm now back to the ides of changing for an aftermarket head unit but I'm looking at around £1000 to do it with new so looking for used it could be some time.
mitsiboogie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 22:04    Post subject: CarPlay / Android Auto box in D:5 Reply with quote

We got around this problem by using a CarPlay / Android Auto screen in our D:5 which connects via Bluetooth to the original MMCS head unit.

The unit is a RoadTop 8.8 widescreen display from Amazon, and it fits in the Garmin dash top friction mount from Halfords so can be swapped out into our other cars which don't have CarPlay or even bluetooth, just 3.5mm AUX sockets. It also has the option of FM transmitter output so I guess it should work with pretty much any of the D:5 head units.

This has let us retain the original cameras and other MMCS functionality, had it a couple of years now and been very happy with it so far. (It only ever seems to glitch out as much as any other CarPlay head unit I've ever used in other cars, and a quick power cycle soon sorts it!).

I've read loads about various ways of converting head units to English but every way tried seems to bring new problems such as losing cameras etc - just wanted to share what has worked for us as not seen any discussion of this type of unit.

Sure there are newer / better versions out now too (as is always the way with tech...) so might be worth a look if you want to keep your original head unit?
johhnnie99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 16:37    Post subject: japanese radio sat nav Reply with quote

Hi all , just got myself a 2011 d5 roadest drove all the way from Birmingham to Alloa are in central Scotland  , was a nice comfy and flawless drive .

There seems to be an awful lot of nonsense cutting about regarding the multi communication system in these motors , and i found a lot of people trying to scam others to buy something to convert them to english when it won't work .

Al post up my findings when i have time to look at it and see what can be done to try keep it all original
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica D5 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: