Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Rufford Ford - Delica Meet somewhere near ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deker

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 19:12    Post subject: Rufford Ford - Delica Meet somewhere near ? Reply with quote

I suggest a meet to visit Rufford ford, maybe a campsite in "The Peaks"

I don't know The Peak District regards campsites - - - Lewis  Question

A day (or maybe more than one day) trip to Rufford ford, to show "Ruffordians"  Question  what Delica's can do -
at a respectable speed (some "Ruffordians" have complained about vehicles travelling at high velocity)
Hence, local constabulary exercise random vehicle, and velocipede speed checks.

Also, vehicles traversing at high speed thro the ford, cause water to be ejected to a high altitude - - -
causing pedestrians on the bridge to be wetted - - -
Which is an offence under traffic regulations.

Mr D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 19:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are water hazards in the Peak District which can be attempted without annoying the locals or risking blocking a road.

I've forded a few shallow streams and even driven along a riverbed where it is a right of way in the Yorkshire Dales,
but the biggest hazard was rocks, not sucking water into the turbo.

As I haven't got a snorkel, and have been lucky (with hindsight) in floods blocking my way home, and am currently cutting out
the ravages of H2O in my sills, you may understand my reluctance to indulge.

I think I have got to an age where I no longer enjoy the challenge of fixing things that I have needlessly broken.

However, I'm up for a central meet, but can't make it between July 23rd and August 12th, as I am not here. (Some would say I'm not all there, either!)
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 17:42    Post subject: Re: Rufford Ford - Delica Meet somewhere near ? Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
I don't know The Peak District regards campsites - - - Lewis  Question

Nor do I.

Three things I do know are:-

1. I don't live in the Peak District.
2. A large number of Derbyshire offroad routes the club did 10+ years ago, in and around the Eden Valley, are now Bridleways and off-limits to 4WD use.
3. Derbyshire's Rural Police unit are quite 'keen' in checking suspected offroad drivers.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
1) I'm sure there are water hazards in the Peak District which can be attempted without annoying the locals or risking blocking a road.

2) I've forded a few shallow streams and even driven along a riverbed where it is a right of way in the Yorkshire Dales,

3) As I haven't got a snorkel, in my sills, you may understand my reluctance to indulge.

4) I think I have got to an age where I no longer enjoy the challenge of fixing things that I have needlessly broken.

5) However, I'm up for a central meet, but can't make it between July 23rd and August 12th, as I am not here. (Some would say I'm not all there, either!)

1) More to show Ruffordians how versatile Delica's are

2) Done the same, first time about 1960's ? Bishops Stortford, Morris 8, I think.
2nd time, Salisbury Plain 2011 Delica meet.

3) No snorkel on mine, but I don't want to too deep.

4)  Definitely got there, couple of weeks back, helping member alphagunner (spelling ?) I could not lift a wheel to fit it  Crying or Very sad

5) You Not here - I believe you  Rolling Eyes

Lewis, you live a lot closer to The Peaks than I do.
So who else knows The Peaks for nice camping  Question

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know a lovely, small and sheltered camp site, near Thor's cave in the Manifold Valley, but it's a long way from Rufford, in the SW Peak district. You'd need to find one in the northern Peak District, near Chesterfield. There's a useful website called Pitchup which makes good browsing.
alfagunner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for a meet...gotta have some notice as my job requests this.

I will be going a few places, high probability is the Diserth site from Dekers suggestions.

Also Andyman this summer, I will hoping to go to the place you recommended, the Pub/Indian food campsite at the Marlbank Inn, price seems very reasonable.

Maybe one of these could develop into a meet up )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: