4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Longer travel rear shock absorbers, recommendations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 0:22    Post subject: Longer travel rear shock absorbers, recommendations? Reply with quote

G'day folks, as the title suggests I am after longer travel shocks after installing some beefy springs on the rear. I will mention my Deli has ECS, not interested in shocks compatible with the system, just as long as they have the pin and eye configuration and have a fair bit more travel than standard shocks. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 0:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've settled for the Nitrogas IronMan shocks supplied by West Coast off-road. 50mm more travel than standard, hopefully they do the job.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on.

How much were they.?

I could be interested if they work out okay, but I reckon you will scare me with price.  Laughing
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well! It got to the point where I was looking at buying a set of Dobinson's or Ironman shocks from Aus eBay as I couldn't find any decent aftermarket shocks here in the UK, until I came across West Coast...I gingerly dialed the number and asked for a price on a set of Iron Man shocks. The girl on the phone came back with £156 delivered. I couldn't have handed my money over quick enough  Very Happy I was looking at over £200+ and few weeks wait before, now I'll have them fitted this weekend. Couldn't be happier with the price to be honest, very fair.

I'll give an update of how they feel initially once I fit them.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't sound too bad if they work.

Probably around the same as ranchos.

Let us know how they go  

Cheers.
thumbright
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grouch, I have installed the shocks and taken the Deli a short drive round the block. Still to do a proper test on road and off. A very immediate noticeable difference. I've loaded up with 160kg and she's going nicely, impressed so far.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Keep us posted.  Very Happy
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, (or anyone else that knows.?)

How are the shocks going?

Do you know the part number of them?

I'm struggling getting any solid info from anywhere on what the ones I need are.

Been given catalogues, with rows and rows of figures. 😕
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: