4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Roof rack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeibby

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 17:08    Post subject: Roof rack Reply with quote

Not sure this is the right place to ask. What roof rack am I looking for for L400 high roof. Like a roof rack or bars whichever.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 17:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need gutter mounting roof bars with 9" legs (you MIGHT get away with 6", but if you load them up, they may touch your roof). After that, you can fit anything to them. I bought a second hand metal bed frame (£20) and have recycled it into a roof rack, with eye-bolt attachments for a tarp awning, 120watt solar panel and roof box.
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of used high roof Thule mounts for use with the standard square bars. I swapped them for a lower set on my Deli. They're old but functional if you can get a pair of bars to go with them.

They're 9" from the gutter to the underneath of the of the crossbar. There's no branding on them, but they are Thule from the old days when everything was just plain black.
They look like these but older https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?emulate=roofbar&query=5346&vptype=3195&brand=Thule%20gutter

Definitely for high roof as on my standard roof they looked too high, hence why I swapped the mounts.

Rich
kylelewis47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
You need gutter mounting roof bars with 9" legs (you MIGHT get away with 6", but if you load them up, they may touch your roof). After that, you can fit anything to them. I bought a second hand metal bed frame (£20) and have recycled it into a roof rack, with eye-bolt attachments for a tarp awning, 120watt solar panel and roof box.

Do you know the weight rating for the gutter mounts?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thule 420 Leg on mine, with a load rating of 100Kg:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Uncle Nick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, unfortunately you're quite a distance from me (Durham) but I'd happy sell you my roof rack if you want to travel up.
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't want to be carrying over 100kg on your roof - it will really destabilise your vehicle on the road. However, if you want to put a roof tent up there and sleep in it, you'd be advised to fit another pair of bars, to spread the load.
eolos

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Looking for an aluminium low profile rack to fit on my Deli Crystal lite. Any ideas of where to source one in the UK? The idea is to be able to put a roof tent and when roof tent not there other gear.

frontrunner has something of this nature but price is 1.5k£ and does not ship in the UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: