Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Coolant leak passenger footwell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimboHS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 0:58    Post subject: Coolant leak passenger footwell Reply with quote

Hi, I have a small leak of coolant into the passenger footwell. I think there is a problem with the heating matrix, but difficult to see as access behind the glove box is difficult. Has anyone had a similar problem and any thoughts on what might be causing it?  Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 0:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you fully removed the glove box and the cover below it, to help trace the leak ?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most cars, the heater matrix takes a bit of digging out. You'll need to bite the bullet. I'm sure you'll find and receive plenty of tips from those on here who have done it before. Have you searched through the index for this problem and solutions? I'm sure it's there.
JimboHS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I've only had it a few weeks and never had a Delica before so all a bit new to me. I've been behind the glove box but it's quite deep behind there so may be a trip to the garage if I can't find it myself.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experience shows that 99% of garages know less about Deli’s than the owner’s.

So I ask again. “Have you fully removed the Glove box and the Cover below it, to help trace the leak ?”

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
JimboHS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've had the whole glove box and cover off, but still can't trace the leak. Will keep searching
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay;
Now with those off look to the top left side of the carpet area.
You will see where a plastic bolt is holding the side panel in place.
Undo that and then lift away the rubber door seal. then slide the panel backwards and off, lidting it upwards to clear the step/ footwell plastic.

At the top, coming down from the ‘A’ Pillar there is a drain tube, from the sunroof.  As it comes down it should pass through the inner skin, emptying out into the wheel arch.

Somtimes that tube end can end up back inside the skin, or split, allowing it to drain into the footwell.

ルイス
JimboHS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, but I don't have a sunroof and the leak is on the right top corner of the passenger side so just to the left of the centre console. No joy so far so it's going into the garage.
annek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Experience shows that 99% of garages know less about Deli’s than the owner’s.

So I ask again. “Have you fully removed the Glove box and the Cover below it, to help trace the leak ?”

This!

I have just literally had to give forum fix instructions to my mechanic because they couldn't fix the issue, which the forum had a half hour simple and cheap fix discussion posted on here.

Many have never worked on Deli's so they need a bit of help to be able to help you.

I hope yours can, and if they can't will be open and say which bit they couldn't manage and why, and then you could post again and get the experts here on it! Smile

fingers crossed for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: