Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

ABS light permanently on and fault codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 18:19    Post subject: ABS light permanently on and fault codes Reply with quote

Hi guys, following on from my split chassis problems, I'm now left with an ABS warning light permanently on. Looking over some old posts there appears to have been some posts about how to activate the diagnostics and get a fault code. Unfortunately the most likely useful posts seem to be unavailable.

Can someone direct me to the diagnostics please? I can see the fault codes here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38467 but none of the linked posts are accessible (?)

Cheers
RobH
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 18:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find this post useful:-  http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50828

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis.

I think the diagnostic connector orientation may be different on the later model V6 petrol (PD6W). Eventually found the correct pin and got ABS fault codes 11 (front right wheel sensor), 12 (front left) and 15 (abnormal signal). I expect 15 is implied by codes 11 and/or 12 (bad wheel sensors). I was hoping and expecting that resolving the suspected issues with the front left sensor would resolve all, but it appears not Sad

All the recent work I had done was on the front left suspension and chassis. This should be the only place there *might* have been an issue with the ABS system, any other issues are a HUGE (almost unbelievable) coincidence.

I pulled the left front wheel off today and did some testing. There was zero resistance across the front left wheel speed sensor connector so I chopped into the cable to see if it was the sensor or the cable. Turns out it was the cable, must have been stretched beyond limits with the upper arm dangling and fractured the wires. I've bypassed the fractured section and got approx 1.2 KOhms, which I believe is correct. I expected this to have resolved all but no, ABS light still permanently on and fault codes are now 12 and 15 (?!). Perhaps whoever translated the fault codes for 11 and 12 got them the wrong way around or were looking at the front of the vehicle from the outside (?) having fixed the front left sensor (12) I should be getting 11 and 15 if anything.

I've tested resistance on the front RHS wheel sensor and it's perfect. I guess a wiring diagram is next on the list. I've disconnected the battery on the off chance that the fault codes might be stored in the ECU and may be cleared. I'm not holding my breath.

Any further suggestions please?
Cheers
RobH
RobH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnecting the battery has done nothing useful. I've run the diagnostic again and now get 11 (FR sensor), 12 (FL sensor), 15 (wheel speed abnormal output) and 25 (free wheel engage). I'm going to take it for a short drive. I don't even know where to find the free wheel engage switch.

I'm pretty sure both sensors are okay. The ABS light is permanently on which makes me think it's nothing to do with readings taken whilst in motion. I'm thinking that there must be an input both sensors and the free wheel engage switch have in common. For all to fail simultaneously is beyond unlikely.

Cheers
RobH
RobH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy days! Within 100yds of driving the ABS light went out and has stayed off! I’m not going to try to work out why but guessing it’s to do with the freewheel switch.

Just need my cv boots clamping in so that they don’t pop off at the first corner and should be good for an mot!
Cheers
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy days. Fingers crossed it stays fixed, - at least until it's passed the MoT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: