4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Aluminium radiator for L300 Delica JB 500 body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landrangersmith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:33    Post subject: Aluminium radiator for L300 Delica JB 500 body Reply with quote

Hi
I am thinking of replacing my existing radiator for a new aluminium one, has anybody done this and anybody know where I could purchase one.

bob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

davep10000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tigweld4u.com/L300-Delica-radiator.htm

Just out of interest, why do you need to change it?
Dave.
landrangersmith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 17:05    Post subject: Aluminium radiator Reply with quote

hi davep10000
thank you for your post

I have always had overheating problems on steep hill climbs and recently, after have the the Delica serviced and the cooling system flushed out. i had a conversation with the mechanic. He suggested a new aluminium radiator might do the trick

regard bob
davep10000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,
See my post here    http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51167

Like you, I am lugging a heavy load all the time (JB470), and also have issues on overheating on very long hills in hot weather (even though gauge only gets to the half way mark).
Loss of coolant from the header tank is the first sign.

I think the cooling system is marginal, so forewarned is forearmed, but a decent ally rad may help, but not the usual ebay type replacements, which will almost certainly be worse than the factory metal type.
I will be interested to see how you get on.

Dave.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

New radiator may well help. Amazing how they fur up and fill with crud. Mandelica on here had loads of overheating issues solved with a new rad.
However as others on her have said, get a good one.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
landrangersmith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:57    Post subject: Aluminuim radiator Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments, I am going to take a  few days break and drive around mid Wales this week, so  I will find out if just flushing works, if not I will get aluminium rad and keep you informed . Thank you all again for for your help.
Bob
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once flushed, would the use of waterless coolant (or pure/higher concentration conventional coolant) not raise the boiling point sufficiently to cure the issue of boiling/overpressure/coolant loss? The Tigweld radiators have an excellent reputation; perhaps on the JB bodied version it will be worth going for the deepest rad core you can fit - take advice from Ian Skillen  of Tigweld on that - he owns an L300 himself. If you have no A/C , there may be more space for an extra-deep rad. If it has A/C fitted that you don't want, you could remove it, (a) improving airflow through the existing rad, or (b) making room for a thicker rad.
landrangersmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 18:41    Post subject: Aluminium ratiatore for L300 Delica Reply with quote

Andyman

Thanks for  the advice, will contact him if i go down that route.

bob
landrangersmith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:49    Post subject: Aluminium RAD Reply with quote

Hi

I Went ahead and replaced my rad for a new Aluminium one made by Tigweld, just come back from a small run to check out a few hills. i must say everything feels a lot better, i am much more confident i will not be experiencing the over heating problems i had before.
thanks a lot everyone for all the advice given. would post a photo but forgotten how.

regards
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said above, an after-market (digital) temperature gauge might also give greater peace of mind when climbing hills in the summer, as it would show the temperature far more accurately than the original.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: