4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Sliding door glass seal/trim?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 15:03    Post subject: Sliding door glass seal/trim? Reply with quote

Hi. I sat in my van yesterday with the engine off and it suddenly struck me how loud the road noise was, sounded like a window was partially open. I narrowed it down to the sliding side door which doesn’t appear to seal around the window. I’m not sure if there is supposed to be some type of rubber seal strip around the window, I expect there is. The van had a new door skin a few years ago as part of an insurance claim. My guess is that the body shop didn’t replace the trim. I’m sure I’d have noticed it hanging off before losing it completely.

Firstly, am I right in thinking there should be a seal/trim around the window upper and sides? Assuming there should be, does anyone have a part number or a suggestion for what to use as a replacement please?

Thanks
Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 15:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a seal completely around the side panel opening, just like the one on the front doors and tailgate.

Apart from keeping the noise out it is there to keep water out, when crossing rivers, etc.

You can see it in the image below;-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis. That’s not exactly where I meant. I’d post an image if I could work out how to do it easily 😳

It’s actually around the window that I think there’s a seal missing. I’ll have a proper look at the weekend and hopefully add an image!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post explains how to post images:-   http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12958

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis. I've followed your photo 'how to' but my links still appear as links rather than embedded images. Oh well. I'll put a link to the sliding door image up tomorrow..
RobH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this has taken so long, three year old toddler and countless liabilities at the moment Sad

Here's the link to an image of the seal location I was referring to:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9bhbuea99am9ao/InkedIMG_0397_600x800.jpg?dl=0

I may be wrong, perhaps there doesn't need to be anything between the glass and the door skin, seems like under engineering from a company renowned for over engineering though.... I can also see a few small remnants of rubbery moulding between the glass and the skin, just in from the gap at the edge. The seal referred to by Lewis is all present and correct.

Happy days if it doesn't need work, I could do with some good news at the moment!
Cheers
Rob
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you mean!  There wasn't any seal in there from the Factory.

I had a concern that some prat may try to use something in there to get the door or window open and break in. On the second two I bought I used a tube of Wynn's Black Gasket maker to fill the gap all the way around.

It had a useful side function in stopping any muck building up inside the gap, which would then end up running down the side of the vehicle, from under the glass, when it rained, usually after just washing it.  Sad

ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! Thanks Lewis, that's at least one thing I can cross off the to do list. Not sure what the random bits of rubber seal I found in the gap were, never mind.
Cheers
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: