4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Gearbox woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skut_monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 18:39    Post subject: Gearbox woes Reply with quote

2000 2.8 4m40 auto

Driving home from work and the gearbox seemed like it was hunting for gears
Half a mile from my house it wouldn't drive from a standstill, I also had the N light flashing on the dash with no other
Warning lights at all
Checked atf and it looked low( wasn't even registering on the dipstick) so managed to get 3L into it and get it home

Topped up to correct level this afternoon and now will only engage what feels to be third gear
Takes over 2,000 revs to get it to move anywhere

Atf is not brown/burned out, tried disconnecting batteries to reset ecu
Still no good

Do I have a dead gearbox or is this something that someone else has come across?

Only had it two weeks and I'm starting to wish I got something else
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 18:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2002 petrol.

Had a similar issue some weeks ago.

Neutral light flashing, only had what seemed like 2nd or third gear.

My atf was in great condition, but maybe a bit high.

I was going to take it to garage, but it cured itself, so they said to wait until it happened again.

Touch wood, it hasn't.

I have done a couple of thousand miles since, down to Cornwall and still okay.

The only things I did do, were to disconnect the battery overnight, which didn't solve it, and disconnect a plug to the gearbox, blow it out, and wiggle it on firmly.

Even this didn't solve it immediately.

I am convinced its a problem in this area of connections.

Try and get a obd reader on it while it's playing up.  Idea
Skut_monkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well
Obd reader won't connect
Another owner I know said to check the reverselight fuse as if it blows, it could throw an error to the gearbox
Wasn't that either....

Going to try the gearbox plugs next

Let's see if that does anything
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBD readers don't tend to work on these. Even the Mitsu garages do not have the software to diagnose issues. Though there has been something on the Aussie club about a reader and some aftermarket software that worked.

If you have a Series 1 then it could be a fault with the throttle position sensor (TPS) not recognising when the box needs to change up.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: