4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Headliner removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:18    Post subject: Headliner removal Reply with quote

I've got a 1994 L400 and I'm wanting to remove the headlining to reupholster it. For those that have done it are there any hints or tips before I start attempting to remove it

Thanks
Jon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you need to remove the side panels.
There are lots of retaining clips that are not immediately visible.
When you get to the headlining start at the front working towards the centre, then from the back to the centre, to take pressure off so it doesn't buckle and snap across.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
JonH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Lewis

do i have to pop the centre light console  out or is it fixed to the headliner ie it just needs disconnecting when the headliner comes off - just so I don't get an unpleasant surprise...

also apart from the side panels held in with fasteners does the headliner have fasteners too to be aware of?

thanks

jon
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory servs me right there are some fir tree panel clips pop through clips and a couple of metal screws.

Once you remove the tailgate trim you will spot the fir tree ones. The three pop throughs above the tailgate opening are easy to do. Just push the centre pin in and you will sense the surround come loose. use a panel lever to lift the clip off, as pound to a penny you will loose the centre pin when the headliner is dropped.

The rear cabin light unit has to fully come off first, as it overlaps the headliner.

First remove the rotary control knob, then the switch panel will come away.
Above that are three screws holding the grey panel and transparent cover in place, along with some panel clips.

The white section of the light unit can be left in place, though if you are retaining it in the roof, then consider modding it to replace the 240v inverter and striplights with LED's, as per this post:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50983

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
JonH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fantastic. Thanks ever so much Lewis 😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: