Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Polish outfit selling repair panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jejoenje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 21:58    Post subject: Polish outfit selling repair panels Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

okay, so I did that thing where you fiddle around / crawl around your van greasing / checking / cleaning / inspecting various things and going "ooh that looks a bit rusty let's poke at it oh crap" sort of thing.

Anyway, there is some very serious tin worm that has taken hold below my driver's door, right in front of the front wheel - basically where the little foot step, below the door.

I will try to take some pictures soon, but in the mean time, a while ago i found this Polish outfit that apparently sells various L300 repair panels... they also advertise on Facebook, I believe?

Has anyone here ever bought anything from them?

Thank you
Jeroen
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 21:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought a wheel arch repair panel.
Be aware of the shipping costs - £60+
Seems like it is a bloke in a shed business as the payment etc was quite chaotic, but he was having all sorts of issues with the new brexit paperwork and customs stuff. Would have be about £20 shipping last year, so check the cost, may be okay for a smaller part.
Also took a while to arrive, nearly a month I think.

What I have done since is get some sills (solid, none sliding door side) made by a local sheet metal place. I need one, but got the rest of the sheet done after set up costs, so have ten! I'll offer them for sale at some point, but will take a couple to wood farm for a quarter of the price and no euro shipping.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8bWiesE5e1sDvKPJ7

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to make up two patches for this area and weld them in this year. Angle grinder, hammer(s), vice and mole grips were my friends  plus various profiles of iron and wood to bend the sheet over. Plus copious quantities of chip-guard paint, rubber mastic, all covered up by the original bits of plastic. I also bolted and sealed in a very carefully shaped piece of steel to blank off the front of the wheel arch where the original rubber sheet left gaps which caused the rot in the first place!
jejoenje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkPig wrote:
Hi,

I bought a wheel arch repair panel.
Be aware of the shipping costs - £60+
Seems like it is a bloke in a shed business as the payment etc was quite chaotic, but he was having all sorts of issues with the new brexit paperwork and customs stuff. Would have be about £20 shipping last year, so check the cost, may be okay for a smaller part.
Also took a while to arrive, nearly a month I think.

What I have done since is get some sills (solid, none sliding door side) made by a local sheet metal place. I need one, but got the rest of the sheet done after set up costs, so have ten! I'll offer them for sale at some point, but will take a couple to wood farm for a quarter of the price and no euro shipping.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8bWiesE5e1sDvKPJ7

Thanks for this - those sills look amazing! Mine is okay (for now) but I'm sure I'll have to tend to this at some point - so I may be interested in getting one of yours at some point?

Yes - I was prepared for both hefty shipping costs from Poland, as well as Brexit-tax. Given that I have not seen the whole of that step section for sale as a repair panel anywhere else, I suspect I may have to just swallow the extra cost - I'm actually pleasantly surprised by what he charges for the panel itself, doesn't seem to bad to me. I may see if I can get one of the arch panels too, that would make life easier.
I've emailed him, anyway and will update on here with how it goes.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
I had to make up two patches for this area and weld them in this year. Angle grinder, hammer(s), vice and mole grips were my friends  plus various profiles of iron and wood to bend the sheet over. Plus copious quantities of chip-guard paint, rubber mastic, all covered up by the original bits of plastic. I also bolted and sealed in a very carefully shaped piece of steel to blank off the front of the wheel arch where the original rubber sheet left gaps which caused the rot in the first place!

Yes, it sounds like you and me have done very similar patches in that area already, which is why I am gutted that the bits I didn't touch has now started giving up the ghost.   Sad

Have you any pictures you wouldn't mind sharing, by any chance? I'm curious about that area you blanked off in front of the wheel - I think I know what you mean, the bit that is "framed" at the bottom by the bracket connecting to the chassis rail? I ask because that is precisely where my issue is - essentially the end of that has completely disintegrated and let go of the back end of the step, which is very very crumbly indeed.
I'll set up a new thread and will take some photos soon. I could try to patch it, but given the rather complex nature of all the angles/curves in that area, it would take ages and with my welding skills will be very ugly... Given that it looks like I could just replace the whole step (which is pretty dodgy throughout), that might be more time-effective, for me.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the website for the polish bloke's shop. You can change the currency to GBP and add to cart to find the shipping cost.
https://l300company.pl/2-strona-glowna

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks - yep I'd already sent him a message via the email listed there. No response yet, I may try 't wife's FB account next.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, no response back from the friendly man in Poland, either on email or on Facebook.

Can't really be bothered chasing any further, I'm going to see if I can source these panels elsewhere...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: