4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Front Differential - L300 Auto and Manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EL300

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 15:51    Post subject: Front Differential - L300 Auto and Manual Reply with quote

Hi all

Desperately trying to find the answer to a question,

Looking to replace my front differential, i have a manual L300,  did have a manual one to replace but has sadly gone to the grave.

Is the auto transfer and manual the same, I've been told its not because the ratio is different but then I'm reading that the auto diff ratio is the same, 4.875 which is making me think it could work or is it a different in a away I'm not aware of the casing is different for example?

Also anywhere to get a rebuild kit for the manual if it comes to that or can i salvage parts form an auto front diff to give the manual Front diff a new lease of life .

Thanks

EL300
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 15:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, EL300. If yours is a diesel, then all diffs, manual and auto, have the same ratio - 4.875:1. Petrol models are different, and may have 1 of 3 other ratios. Have a look at this thread http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20060 for vehicle spec identification, then look at the Front Axle section of Pink Pig's downloadable manual in L300 FAQs (P26-14>) for diff specs. If it's the front diff, there's only one choice, - open. If rear, you have the choice of open diff or limited slip.
EL300

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andyman

Thats really helpful thank you , i think it will work from an auto after all ,

The Difference between  a P25W model and P35W  is just the Height right ?  35W  doesn't show in the manual but i think i can get a Front differential from both a P25w or P35W auto
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I noticed they don't show P35, but mechanically they are the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: