Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Best aerial to get for a CB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 13:06    Post subject: Best aerial to get for a CB Reply with quote

HI All, I have a CB radio but no aerial, what are you guys using on yours?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 13:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

boblpuk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to put a CB in mine too any aerial advice appreciated thanks.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following - after the farcical communications breakdown in the Peak District with my £10 Walky-talkies!
Andy W

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was entertaining though, but would be useful to know what affordable kit people can recommend,

Andy
exarkun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Baofeng UV-9R radio that has good features.  It cost somewhere around £30.

It is waterproof and has good range.

It does need programming really in order for it to be easy to use.  It's not difficult.  You just need to obtain a cable to connect it to your computer and away you go.

The other caveat is that this radio is capable of transmitting and receiving licenced radio frequencies.  You should not broadcast on these frequencies without a HAM licence.

You can use the PMR frequencies though.  These frequencies are legal to broadcast on without a licence in the UK.  Nearly all consumer radios are in this range so once you are on these bands you can communicate with other devices easily.  There is usually eight frequencies used by PMR radios:

1. 446.00625
2. 446.01875
3. 446.03125
4. 446.04375
5. 446.05625
6. 446.06875
7. 446.08125
8. 446.09375

By having the PMR frequencies programmed you will be able to use them in conjunction with other consumer radios.

Hope this helps.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the info on the company website and noted this bit:-

'It can work well under one meter water for 30 minutes and it ensure the product reliability in the wet environments.'

So how do you talk underwater and transmit and understandable message - especially for 30 minutes. scratch

NB: I doubt my Deli would survive 30 minutes underwater!  Laughing

Exarkun
I note there is also a slightly cheaper version, which is Triband. Could this one also be programmed to use the PMR frequencies:-
https://www.baofengradio.co.uk/baofeng-uv-s9-tri-band-vhf-uhf-8w-walkie-talkie-two-way-radio-programming-cable/

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: