2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Good Delica mechanic near Swindon or the south coast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SudBro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 21:22    Post subject: Good Delica mechanic near Swindon or the south coast? Reply with quote

Having recently bought an L300, I'm looking for a Delica mechanic to help me with with a number of jobs (sliding door, leaks in footwells etc.) as well as to have a general look it's condition or advise on work I should consider doing to it.

Can anybody recommend a mechanic either near Swindon, or around the South coast like Bournemouth or Portsmouth area?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 21:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, i can't help with mechanics in your area but this post in L300 FAQs on here, may help with the wet footwell problem.  http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12646

We may be able to advise you on the sliding door problem if you give us a few more details.

If you are generally confident that your L300 will safely travel distances, there is a weekend camping/fixing/laning meet covering the nights of 2nd, 3rd and 4th July, in Staffs. See details in the Club Events section. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable people on hand, several with L300s! (incl self!)
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Did you accidentally post your enquiry about the sliding door in the L400 section?
SudBro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, thanks for linking that post. I've had some seam sealer work done to the cheeks like recommended in that post, the leak died down for a bit but for some reason the leak has come back more than before and in more of a central position than previously which was down the sides by the doors.

I've checked out the event details for the July meet and I'm available and really keen to join this if space is still available? I will PM you with the details you requested on that topic to confirm my interest.

And yes my mistake that was an L400 section as I didn't see a section on it for the L300 - perhaps I should have started a new topic.. I'm new to this forum stuff  Laughing

Thanks!

Mike
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVS at three legged cross are the people to go to for service, mechanics etc
Hugely experienced with L300s
https://www.svsltd.co.uk/

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

If damp is more central, check your coolant level. Does the damp smell of antifreeze? If so, check for leaks at the front heater and pipes.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
PS Did you accidentally post your enquiry about the sliding door in the L400 section?

SudBro wrote:
yes my mistake that was an L400 section as I didn't see a section on it for the L300 - perhaps I should have started a new topic.. I'm new to this forum stuff  Laughing

Now split and moved to this forum as a new Topic.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
SudBro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PinkPig - will definitely be giving SVS a call!

And thanks Lewis for moving this thread in the right section!

As for the leak Andy, it doesn't smell like antifreeze to me, probably a good one to look at at the meet up next weekend to try find the cause Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: