Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Spot Lamps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy W

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 21:53    Post subject: Spot Lamps Reply with quote

Hi,
I am fitting four 7" spot Lamps to the front of my van each able to accept up to 100w H3 bulbs.  That's a lot of power so I am looking at fitting LED's to take it down to a sensible level.

I'm getting totally confused though with the whole LED thing; I can find 80w LED bulbs but can't tell if that means they are equivalent to 80w halogens or whether they are actually 80w which is still 320w total / 32A which seems very high for LED's and will need some reasonable sized cables etc.

Can anyone shed a little light/explanation on this please?

Cheers, Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 21:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Do you need see an optician  Question

2) Or, are you lighting a night Football match.   Delica show  Question

That is very high wattage for LED’s, especially at 12 volts. Just over 6Amps each.
I cannot see your advert; to me I would expect to see these rated in 230/240 volt floodlights.

Done basic countculation, 80 watts at 13 volts = <>6.154  amps. For your four lamps, that’s close to 25 Amps.
Bear in mind that vehicle generators run above 12 volts. These years, its nearer, or around 14 volts.

Be careful what you see in an advert.
Believe everything you see in eBay & YouTube, - - - - -  errr   Shocked  Question

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:04    Post subject: Re: Spot Lamps Reply with quote

Andy W wrote:
I'm getting totally confused though with the whole LED thing; I can find 80w LED bulbs but can't tell if that means they are equivalent to 80w halogens or whether they are actually 80w ....

It means 'Equivalent to.'

Look for the lumen output of lamps, as that is what light output is measured in.

These website links may help answer some of your questions:-

https://askinglot.com/how-many-amps-do-12-volt-led-lights-draw

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/led-lighting-brightness-guide.html

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Andy W

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys: I know what you mean Mr D, they are to help see at night but also to tart it up a bit too, my concerns were like yours 400w is a hell of a lot for the wee alternator, hence LEDs.
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: