4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

25 year (Plus or Minus a few years) Delica anniversary

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a field near me in East Sussex (Woodingdean) where the owner/farmer caters for campers. I don't know much about it but, I can find out if anyone is interested?

Pete'  Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if there is any interest for this, but here’s a one time suggestion, from me.

I’ve been having an eMail chat with Andyman, Fostlongstrider and a mention to Deker, about a potential Deli fixing and/Newbies instruction meeting, for those with problems they need help with or some familiarisation for the Deli and some basic offroad skills.

There is a Farm campsite, where they only charge £7.50’ish a night, called http://www.woodfarmadventure.co.uk/

I told Andy I am willing to turn up and stay at the site helping/ advising people with minor repairs and service work. By this I mean helping the owners do the jobs; with the owners supplying their own parts and service items. This includes oil and ATF changes, but they would also need to bring their own waste removal containers.  Please note that I do not stock and sell parts, nor will I buy any to take to the meeting.

I will have my van packed with hand and battery power tools, trolley jacks and axle stands. I suggest if you have any of your own, then take them with you.

I will help on a first come first seen basis, Hopefully I can move around different vehicles, guiding folk on what to do and how, on a mentor basis. But more hands on if I think it’s required. I will provide my labour free, just don’t expect me to rush about, as I can’t.

Fostlongstrider has electrical skills and kit.

Andy has been in contact with the owner ‘Nick’ and he’s quite happy about a group meet on that basis, sufficiently to offer a hard standing area, should We need to have Deli’s jacked up on stands, such as brake pad changes, or other underneath work.

I will leave it up to Andy to tell you about Nicks offer of a reserved group camp area and conditions for that and sort out a suitable consensual date, for a three night meeting.  However I have told Andy that I will only be available for a three night meeting, either arriving on a Friday and departing on a Monday or arriving on a Monday and leaving on a Thursday.  This would have to be sometime from June 10th to July 31st. Outside of those dates I have other commitments.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks okay to me Lewis, reasonably centralised  Smile  I can accept any date/s that suit you -
Please try to book good weather.  Last three meets, weather could have been better - Andy  Question   Wink

Lewis sez "I will help on a first come first seen basis, Hopefully I can move around different vehicles, guiding folk on what to do and how, on a mentor basis.
But more hands on if I think it’s required. just don’t expect me to rush about, as I can’t.
"

I'll do the same, except Ill take second come seen basis   Rolling Eyes
Same as you. No rushing, in my case can't get under vehicles  Sad  Labour free of course. Tho I have no objection to sharing ones Whisky  Cool

An owner wants Timing Chain, or Glow Plugs changed, I can help/show how its done - Will need notice, so that I can bring the right tools.
Upper & Lower steering joints, Track rod ends, Gaitors, tracking. I can help - Again, advanced notice needed.
Owner supplies parts.

Me, same as Ian with electrical's - I would show owners how to use test lamps.
I'll let Ian show difference twixt Analogue meters, and Digital meters.

The not so good bit, that I see. Will three days be long enough for help with servicing/repairs, and "Sight seeing, and basic off road skills"  Question

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian has informed me he has commitments for the 10th July, so I am minded to go for Fri, Sat, Sunday - July 2, 3, and 4, if no-one has any objections.
I'll wait until tomorrow (Tuesday) evening to contact Nick at Wood farm to let him know, and get deposit arrangements off him, then I'll post in full on here and FB.
Does anyone object to me opening this up to WMMC4x4 if take-up is low by end of May? These dates also avoid the Billing (Northants) off-road show which is the weekend before.
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I have booked Wood Farm Campsite with a £50 deposit which I have no worries about, as I am assuming we will manage at least 7 person/nights between us at least!
Dates are as mooted, Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th July.
You will pay the site cash on arrival for your intended nights. If you decide you want to stay longer, or before these dates, you can arrange that separately with Nick or Sue Brandrick at the farm.
We will have 2/3s or more of the mowed area in field 2 for our group; there is another pre-booked group of 6 we will share the field with.
If you look at the satellite view on Google earth/maps, Field 2 is south-west of the farm, the mowed area is the chevron shape at the top/north end of the field.
I am only interested in definite names, and I will need these, your vehicle reg, the number in your party, (including any dogs - welcome, £1 each) and expected nights you are staying - please PM me this info, and I will pass it on to the farm nearer the day.
I will investigate local laning opportunities on Trailwise, courtesy of my GLASS membership; there are no real off-roading opportunities on the farm.
Offers of technical advice, spannering, electricals and use of tools and equipment are gratefully received, but as Lewis has said, no parts, fluids or materials are included, but you are welcome to bring your own!
One last (and important) consideration. Being as none of us are getting any younger, and the toilet block is in the farm yard 150 -200 metres away, AND IS LIKELY TO GET VERY BUSY, we can hire a Portaloo, in the field, for our group, for £50 for the duration.
Obviously, if only 5 of us turn up, it will be a tenner each. I don't have to make a decision immediately on this, but would welcome committed eventer's opinions. I think, at the very reasonable nightly site rates, that this would be something we could/should afford.
Looking forward to all those PMs, and seeing lots of Delica people, old and new. If you can't PM me, say so on here, and I'll PM you my e-mail address.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. On arrival, tell them you are in Field 2, with the MDOCUK (Mitsubishi Delica) group. They may not know a Delica from a banana when we first arrive!
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post names from time to time of those who have confirmed their intent by sending me a PM or e-mail with the required details so we have a regular update of who is coming. So far, Ian is the only one to have confirmed in this way.
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS If you have indicated intent in the requested way, I'm hoping you would then post on here as soon as you know you can't make it.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment I can't make the Saturday evening - annoying as Friday and Sunday okay.  Rolling Eyes
I'll see what I can sort out.

I do wonder if we could book a mobile welder to join us for the weekend  Laughing  Laughing

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
So far, Ian is the only one to have confirmed in this way.

You should already have an eMail from me Andy !

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Pig said: "I do wonder if we could book a mobile welder to join us for the weekend ". Well I could send a personal invite to Darryl of DSP mechanics on WMMC 4x4. he runs both a Pajero and a L400, and posts pics of his welding on that forum! If I don't get enough definite intentions PM'd to me, I'm thinking to post an invite to WMMC members!
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Andyman, have you had anymore numbers for this yet?

If things are looking good after May 17th I will know if I can commit to travelling up from the South Coast for some fun in a field.

Rich
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rich. I have eight Delis in total saying they are coming, plus another 14 maybe’s between this and the FB forum, although some of those have yet to confirm which nights, full name, number in party adults/kids/dogs/ and vehicle reg. If the restrictions relaxation goes according to government plan, I believe there won't be a limit of 30 by July 2nd. I also hope that we'll all be able to camp after May 17th. At the moment camp site communal facilities are closed, and most sites are saying they will open (provisionally) after that date. Fingers crossed!
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy.

Re: The Portaloo bit
After sensing the stench from a Stratford meet Portaloo's, count me out on them things.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Derek, I was only considering it because it's 150-200 yds to the toilet block, and it could be very busy! Please send me your reg.no. - I can't read it on your avatar image!
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Hi, Rich. I have eight Delis in total saying they are coming, plus another 14 maybe’s between this and the FB forum,

Hope they all turn up.
Remember the JAE of a couple of years ago!!
All those that said they were going and I booked a club pitch and paid for it!!
Ended up just me and you on a pitch for 10 vehicles.
Not impressed!!

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do remember that, Ian, and a couple of other meets where I didn't ask for any commitment. Which is why I am only counting folks who are prepared to  give me the full details I have asked for. Whether events/Delicas conspire to prevent them, I'll take it they have genuine intent to come, and whatever the weather, which I can't control (Deker!) we shall have fun. In fact, Nick, the site owner is prepared to let us use his karaoke club/barn for a get-together if weather is inclement. Without the karaoke, if preferred! Very Happy
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Current Deli count is now 10 confirmed.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
..... Nick, the site owner is prepared to let us use his karaoke club/barn for a get-together if weather is inclement. Without the karaoke, if preferred! Very Happy

Shocked
Sans!

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: