Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

welding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Common room ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 17:24    Post subject: welding Reply with quote

Hello All,

If anybody needs an auto darkening welding mask Lidl have them for £22.99, they come with two AAA
batteries, they have a led lamp on the front that can be switched on permanently, or you can switch to auto for
when your'e crawling around under your van in the dark. Lidl also had different size and colour heat-shrink cable
insulator sets, sorry Can't remember the price of those.
                      Cheers Chris & Chris.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 17:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good mask to have. If the battery runs out during a weld you end up burning your retina.

A proper mask should have a solar power energy provider, so that as soon as the weld starts the light from the weld turn the glass dark, then when the welding stops the glass goes clear so you can see the weld.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
mr.b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 19:34    Post subject: welding Reply with quote

Hello Lewis,

Sorry, I should have said that it is solar powered, it has two panels above the glass, I think the batteries
are for the led lamp. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow, I've ordered an inverter mig/mma welder that can also have
a tig torch fitted, getting a bit long in the tooth for that as the old eyeballs have trouble seeing where the join is! I'll
let you know how it goes.
                       Cheers Chris & Chris.
Andy W

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern technology!

I can remember back in the past, holding the mask in one hand, the welding torch in the second hand the thing to be welded in the third hand, standing on one leg with the other against a bulkhead for balance as the ship rolled in a force 9 - they've got it easy nowadays!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Common room ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: