Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Greetings from a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyS

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 14:01    Post subject: Greetings from a newbie Reply with quote

Okay so it's my first post and hello to all etc. but I'm afraid it's straight in with a stupid question:

Thing is, there's this rather nice LWB sitting at a dealers not far away. However, I have seen one or two "rumblings" regarding this dealer on the POCUK website, nothing really shocking but still...

So what do people think? If the dealer's happy to let the RAC inspector loose on it before buying, would you still give it a go?

Thanks in advance. You may be hearing more from me...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 14:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Indigo

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm wotcha andy and welcome to the darkside!!

rumblings? depends on what the rumblings were i guess, if it was just that you had to give them a major kick up the arse to get something sorted, then that's not *too* bad. if they don't answer calls at all then that is a different matter!

best advice is to be patient and have a good hunt around Smile

good luck in your search Smile
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy and welcome to the club :D

As for your question it would help if you could tell us what the dealers name is,then we could possibly advise on any of our knowledge to it ,hopefully tho the rumblings over at pocuk were just genral accounts ,if the dealer is happy to let the RAC man over it then he Can't be all that bad,just ask for a good warranty and any points you or the RAC man picks up ask if he will rectify or if not give you a sizeable discount,i expect after reading the forums you will probably know roughly what to look for but if theres any further Qs then just fire away,obviously just check anyhting you can think off and anything you Can't lol Laughing ,I'm sure theres plenty of reading for you to do within the forums and a good load of info already contained in the tech faq section,good luck in your quest for a Delica,you will not be dissapointed in buying one ,i know i wasn't,all the best

Marc 8)

AndyS

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc

Wasn't too sure about naming the dealer from a legal point of view, especially since the posts in question seem to have gone from the POCUK dealers review section. Still, I don't mind if you don't and dealer in question was a dealer near Fordingbridge in Hampshire Laughing . They've been there quite a while and I seem to see plenty of Paj's and others with there spare wheel cover so perhaps whoever posted was unlucky?

Cheers for any info anyway.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean Strouds?

Whoops forgot to add:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, some of us are off for a play on weston beach on satuday, meeting up at a pub first off then ending up with a bbq later on. check out the cheddar meet thread and hopefully see you there!! if not then, there is a meet in worcester coming up on the 11th-13th june Smile
AndyS

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty

Yes that's who I mean and I could have sworn I mentioned the name in my reply to Marc, or did I dream it? Getting absent-minded these days so I could be wrong or perhaps there is some legal problem that Marc knows about since, as I said earlier, the thread relating to them on the POCUK website seems to have been removed too.

Thanks for all welcomes BTW. If it wasn't for my Dad's all-weekend retirement bash I'd be heading for Cheddar. Delicas and my favourite part of the world...
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy i did edit the post ,i also sent you a pm just to let u know,thought it best in the end just in case Wink so your not going mad Laughing well not just yet anyway lol,atb

Marc 8)

mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 16:34    Post subject: Strouds ... oh dear! Reply with quote

Yes ... I know!

On the POCUK forum, there was a bit of 'tidying up' but ....

we have been running a scheme where new buyers take along a sale agreement form from the club if the garage is on our list ... the garage stamp it an 'promise' to pay £25 ...

Strouds said 'the cheque is in the post' ... that was weeks ago and still no sign!

I don't mind saying, but from a personal point of view, I'm left feeling that I don't trust them to keep their word ... I wouldn't go to them for a car ... you, of course, have to make your own mind up.

My personal experience with them in no way reflects the service you should be able to expect.

(I think that covers all the legal angles ;) )

Simon.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc wrote:
Andy i did edit the post ,i also sent you a pm just to let u know,thought it best in the end just in case Wink so your not going mad Laughing well not just yet anyway lol,atb

Marc 8)

I see no problem mentioning names of dealers providing your truthful etc etc. Both if you get good service and if you get bad service.
@ Marc, Sorry m8, if you didn't think it should have been mentioned, but if I had known you'd already edited it, then I wouldn't have shoved my oar in Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs russ Laughing :D thats a mighty fine oar you have there too Shocked as u say at thend of the day if a post is honest blah blah blah then fair enough ,just always best to air on the side of caution as big brother is watching lol Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing anyhoo as simon stated the individual can make there own mind up based on facts or statements made by others :D so hey ho enough of me yaddering anyway Laughing

Marc 8)

AndyS

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that all seems to answer my question really! Sorry to kick up a fuss with my first posting...

Anyway, there's lots of other dealers in the vicinity and a bank holiday weekend coming up so I think I'll tie in a mornings hunting with an afternoon on Studland beach.

Cheers for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: