4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

A few questions.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 20:55    Post subject: A few questions..... Reply with quote

Just had time to have a look at the Delica after having it delivered.  I have a 94 L400 3L V6 LBW and. I have a few questions:

Lifted or not?
I spoke to Adrian Flux about whether the Delica is lifted as to me it looks high but this is my first Delica so they suggested I put a post on here for your opinion... from centre of hub to wheel arch it's 55cm, it's running on 265/70/16 tyres

Timing belt
It's done 186182km and had it's timing belt changed at 117810km back in 2006.. should I replace asap or is it okay for the time being?

Finally last question...

What tyre pressure would you recommend

Thanks in advance

Jon  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 20:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re a lifted Deli. No I don't think it is. †A 54cm - 55cm measurement for the hub centre to wheelarch is normal.

As for the tyres; This comparison chart will show you the differences to the standard Factory fitted tyre (225 80 R15)

Most will run the 235 75 R15, which is just about the closest to the factory fit.
A 30"x9.50 R15 is another normal fit, in Imperial. which is A lot the largest that will fit without modifying the wheels arches and requiring a wider wheel arch modification.
Then you have those who want to go higher and wider who go to 31 x 10.5 R15.

Then there is what you have on - 265 x70 R16's. †Being on a 16" wheel they seem larger, but as you will note the overall circumfrence is small than the 31's on the 15" rim.

The tyre won't do as many revolutions to the mile as as the 225 R15 or the 30 x950's; but the kicker is that your speedo will read 57mph when you are actually doing 60; so when the reading is 60/61 mph you will be arounf 65mph. You need to ensure it is calibrated to that wheel size, so you don't get a speeding ticket.

In case your wondering! †- I use 30" x9.50's.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Sun Oct 18, 2020 13:56; edited 1 time in total
fintious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get the timing belt done. 14 years for a belt is quite a long time regardless of mileage
JonH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis, Fintious for the replies. Most appreciated  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: