4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Front seat swivel mod question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> General non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noirenex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 20:02    Post subject: Front seat swivel mod question Reply with quote

Hi all, just looking at the mods to the front seats and tempted to do it as one of the first steps of my conversion this year, just got a couple questions, has anyone fitted the front seat swivels and still had the two middle captain chairs left in place, how does it look and were the middle rails moved back to make more room? Was thinking of mounting a bracket the the floor in between the seats so a pole and table can be put up when camping, any pics showing the clearance if someones done it would be awesome!

For those who've not seen it, here's the links to the mod I've seen:

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43278

Starter motor failure! - 2013-07-20
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 20:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

davep10000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Very interested in the answer to this as well (as have ditched the very back folding seats already and sometimes need to carry 4 people)- but obviously would have to acquire a third swivelling captains seat somewhere to replace the front passenger seat.

Dave.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fitted the full length rails in the front you would need to move the centre seat rails much further back, which would be difficult considering the bulge of the wheel arch and the width of the seats †Wink :-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Tue Nov 26, 2019 16:46; edited 1 time in total
davep10000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis - I need to think again on this one!!
richjp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all - I have just purchased my first Delica and I am keen to install front passenger swivel - can someone point me to the most recent posts on this mod as the links on this post seem to be dead.
Thanks
Rich
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been through and removed all the dead links.

Try The blogspot link on this post:- http://julesychaxi-Delica.blogspot.com/

There is this post, involving no welding, you need to click on the Photobucket photos to open them up externally as they are too large to show on the post direct.

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=340529

Other than that try the Search option at the top of the page and do a search for 'swivel AND seat'

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
richjp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one - thanks a lot Lewis - I'll take a peek at those links and also try another search. Just getting used to (a) the idea of owning a Delica (arriving v soon) and (b) using this forum Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've had almost two years, since joining, in January 2018, to read up on everything, so you should be well clued up by now.

But just in case you haven't try this lot:-

For help on the controls and buttons click on this link, to read this post:- Post subject: OD button - A/T switch and 4WD Gear Controls For New Owners

You can download a free copy of the complete L400 Mitsubishi Delica Workshop Manuals from here:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38831

A useful L400 parts numbers list is here:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=393

These sections will give you lots of useful info, so are worth checking first for help:-

L400 Technical facts and Repair info:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

DIY jobs back to OEM specs:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=64

Top Tips:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=32

HTH †Very Happy

ルイス
richjp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom - amazing, thanks for this. Yes I have indeed read a few of these before (over the last two years lol) but thanks for this Smile
richjp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a 2005 3.0L petrol Chamonix Space Gear with camper conversion (JALimports) and I can't wait. Long story why it has taken so long to actually get my Delica since going the forum two years ago, but now super excited - and has nothing to do with JALimports who have been amazing.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping it arrives in time for Christmas, and some proper Christmas weather to try it out in!
Andy W

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was doing a camper conversion, I wanted the middle seat behind the passenger seat to be able to be moved into the front passenger space.  I did this by mounting a middle row swivel seat in the front passenger space, joining the rails to the middle seat rails and adapting the seat locks on the middle row seat so that it could move fully forwards onto front seat rails.

Now all I have to do is, fold the seat base up on the passenger seat and slide it forward so that it touches the dashboard and fold the middle seat base up and slide it forwards so that it's against the front seat.

Now both seats folded away occupy the front passenger space and the middle area is clear of seats giving space for the bed to fold out.

The only problem I had was I wasn't able to weld it myself at the time and the guy that did it did a poor job and the rails have twisted slightly making it difficult to slide the front seat smoothly.
Danw89766

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definalty next mod on my list!
richjp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.......I collected the newly converted lovely grey Delica Space Gear camper on 21st Dec.....on 29th Dec a guy plowed into the back of me at 90mph on the French motorway and wrote-off my Delica †Crying or Very sad

Luckily no one was injured, including the guy who had either fallen asleep or had a minor heart attack while driving.

Insurance paid out in full and after (another) six month wait I am now the proud owner of a camper converted black Space Gear Smile

Where do I post general pics of my new Delica? I also have a few headlight queries but am reading threads and will post my queries there.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bummer!  Evil or Very Mad

Start a new post in the Readers drives forum, where you can keep adding on any changes or modifications you do to it as time goes along. †Very Happy

For Example this is mine:- Lewis's

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> General non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: