2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 Crystalite shade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 20:22    Post subject: L300 Crystalite shade Reply with quote

Hi my L300 has one roof shade not working. The roof motor can be heard working but it sounds like the cable has broken. Can the cables be replaced/repaired or can anybody point me in the right direction for a replacement. Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 20:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

jejeone and Mouseflakes have both done threads showing how to access the shade motors and cables. Sometimes the cable connectors break, sometimes they just become detatched, but you won't find out until you have removed the head linings. Looking through the manuals in L300FAQS on here will provide good arrangement drawings and part references, just takes a bit of legwork! I have two that work properly, one that works partially, and the other is kept shut with cup-hooks!
Slam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply andyman I have three that work perfect and the forth sounds like a cable. I will look to see if I can find the posts you speak of.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
One of the threads that andyman was referring to is this one I think:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48613

although I can't remember if there are any specific notes on how to remove the blinds/motors in there.
In any case, they're not hugely difficult to get to, just fiddly and time consuming as you'll need to strip pretty much all of the headliner (front and back) and some of the side liner panels (it's a bit of a jigsaw how it all fits together and it's a big long chain of things needing removed to remove another, etc.
But if you just take your time, it's fine.
You'll need to remove the central light unit too.
From memory, the shade units themselves (rails and motors) just unplug and unbolt individually.

As it happens I'm halfway through removing at least some of the liner again, to try to trace a leak. I can post some pics when I get them.
One of my shades is broken, too - unfortunately in my case, I think it's the motor because it doesn't make a sound at all. Sad

Good luck,

Jeroen
jejoenje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I don't have time right now to write this up in more detail, but I did remember I have a very large number of photos from the last time I stripped the inside of the van to get to the roof and Crystalite blinds.
I've included a selection of these below, may be some of time are of use.

In a nutshell, in terms of the roof liner in the rear, you'll want to start by removing all of the curtains and rails, then work your way around each of the trims, first the bits just behind the curtain rails (held in by screws and trim clips that pop out. You'll have to remove a bunch of "oh sh*t handles" and possibly the seat belt mounts as well, and some poppers that hold the curtains.
Then remove the central light cluster - there are screws/bolts under a couple of square plastic tabs, and behind the plastic vent grills (they are just held in by some clips). Same with the lighting control panel - get a small screwdriver in the edge and carefully prise out (careful to to scratch it). There are a couple of further screws behind that hold the plastic trim.
Once the trim is off, it the screws that actually hold the lighting unit itself (and its metal bracket) should be pretty obvious. The whole unit can then come down - careful with detaching the cable connector before dropping it fully!
Provided you've removed all of the remaining trims, you will then need to remove the rear heating ducts before you can get to the blind motors/frames/cabling. They are essentially the last bit before you get to the van roof skin.

Here the curtain rails and the plastic cover for the central light unit have been removed, but much of the trim is still in place:

Some details of what to remove: grab handles, rails, etc.

Dropping the light unit when much of the trim around it has been removed. You can also see the heater/aircon ducts (covered in yellow foam) that also need to be removed:

Removing the air ducts should then leave only the Crystalite blind units - here you can see the motors and the copper coloured casettes that hold the blinds:

Some more detail of the cabling etc:

These are the four separate blind units. The "cable" that is often referred to as prone to breaking, I think is actually a plastic tab that connects the end of each blind to the cable that pulls it along its rail (the protruding "arms" in the pic), but I may have misremembered this:

(I'm sorry I thought I had some close ups of the mechanisms, somewhere, but I can't find them now...

Behold the nakidity! Smile

Hope these help! Have fun... it's a fiddly and time-consuming job - the putting back together more so than the taking it apart! Marked zip-lock bags are your friend!
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admirable determination and dedication, Jeroen. Now I remember why I haven't tried to fix mine yet!
Slam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thank you  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked hmmm looks doubting and time consuming ! Thinking maybe blackout limo tint maybe a tad easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: