Adrian Flux - 01553 845 945

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica L400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeibby

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 16:14    Post subject: Delica L400 Reply with quote

Well I have probably just purchased a Delica from an importer picking up tomorrow. What upgrades are available I hear some upgrade the suspension and other bits? What is recommended. It's a 3ltr petrol. Will have it gas converted but any tuning or things to save fuel?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 16:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fintious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

First job get the cambelt, plugs and leads changed - bit of a job on these but parts are quite cheap from Mitsi Bitz in Rotherham. Second job underseal.
Leeibby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:18    Post subject: Thankyou all Reply with quote

Thankyou. I'm gonna buy from a dealer so prob paying more than I'd like. Looked at the import and its a gamble not really knowing what ya get and to save a coupke of grand seems like a lot of hassle. It seems they don't really do the glass roofs after 2001 which is a shame but anyway I'm off to view and buy today if all good. Japamericanimports down in Surrey. I'm up in Leeds, so it's a few hour drive, let's hope it's worth the trip
fintious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got HT leads from main dealer for about £150. Good look with the viewing👍
Leeibby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 20:16    Post subject: Hello, again Reply with quote

Is it possible to have, seats, swivel round in front. What would I get to make that happen?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front seats are on fixed forward backwards rails so do not swivel, unless you get a set of the middle row seats and rails, Then modify the rails and strengthen the front floor area to take them.

It can be done inexpensively, once you have the extra seats and rails.  There are a couple of methods listed elsewhere in the forum.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
fintious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy the Deli then?
Leeibby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:31    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Yes I've bought it I expected driving it away but it isn't registered yet so paid deposit, just sitting on dvla for plates, before it gets delivered. It's a gunmetal grey which I liked as not seen many
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, - I bet you feel like a kid on Christmas Morning! Very Happy
Leeibby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:36    Post subject: Ha ha Reply with quote

Feel like I've been robbed ha ha but it's done now so that's that lol. Hope to make front seats swivel. Can't I buy swivel plates for them. I know they sell them for other motors not sure bout this tho
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swivel plates could be an option, but I would recommend what Lewis said, using original centre seats from a seven seater.

I've converted two delis to front swivel seats now, and it keeps the seat height sensible, using proper Deli seats, instead of having a big plate underneath.

If yours is a seven seater, you could just pinch the middle seats, if you don't need them for passengers.

There are some writeups on here. I did have one, but it disappeared with a load of posts from others also.

I'll try and get some more info up when I get a chance.
Leeibby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:58    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Thankyou for help. where would I get a chrome rear ladder and a roof rack for the Delica from?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 15:33    Post subject: Re: Hello, again Reply with quote

Leeibby wrote:
Is it possible to have, seats, swivel round in front. What would I get to make that happen?

Just remembered there is this post, on doing it without any welding required:- Replacing Front Passenger Seat with Swivel Seat (No Welding)

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 15:35    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

Leeibby wrote:
Thankyou for help. where would I get a chrome rear ladder and a roof rack for the Delica from?

It's a case of keeping your eye on t'internet,  E-Bay and the Clubs Delica Mart Group, on Facebook.

ルイス
Leeibby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 16:42    Post subject: Thankyou Reply with quote

Greatly apreciated. Check this out can't find who does them tho  quicktour 4x4 camper van Delica on you tube. I can't post links as, yet type it in YouTube no idea, who does them but pretty amazing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: