Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Electronic EGR controller kit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stouffer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Pitbull.

Nice to know I'm not the only one and what you say seems to make sense.

It would be nice to hear from some technical bods or maybe people with experience of blanking off a working ERG valve and the percieved reults.

You know, I've only had this beast for 2 days now and my head is spinning with this, that and the other and a growing list of things I should and shouldn't do. I think the wife has hidden the chequebook and credit cards in anticipation Wink

Cheers,

Andy.

Turned on, tuned in, freaked out! (by L400 - Volvo remix) Blue over Silver with shiny tusks and yellow eyes)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

SkodaGone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy/IDuddits as per Simons post,if your vehicle is running well and you do not have a black smoke problem leave it alone.
If you get a problem at MOT time put in a blanking plate.

HTH :D
1170cbx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 23:56    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

how about trying this little knob
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/45BHP-VariPower-BHP-Tuning-Power-Booster-All-

an extra 45bhp at the turn of a knob hell would hate to turn this up instead of the volume on the radio
turbo's/ super charger/ nos / bigbore kit's who needs them when you've got a knob you can play with.
may try one on me 1.6 petrol transit to see what happens.
all for £3.99p
bargin
if i was to fit all the little go faster gadgets being sold I'd have a 600bhp fire breathing Delica ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.
SkodaGone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested...

I have received a reply from Sharon Townsend ,Marketing Manager,Mitsubishi Cars.co.uk.

Basically it says that they are aware of these products on E Bay and that all the information has been sent direct to MMC, the trademark holder "for their appropriate action".....further they have no knowledge whatever of The St. Helens Pajero Club and the only relationship they have is with.....SIMON@www.pocuk!!!!!!!!!!!

So if anyone is going to get sued we can be sure who that person is Wink Wink
Tinca
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

STt Helens Paj club can't Sue coz he says that hes strapped for cash and (unless hes a Solicitor) they are not allowed to do such cases on a no win no fee basis. Perhaps he has a Solicitor friend that will do it Pro Bono?

Then again 'he/she has kept his head well down since this thread started or maybe he is in his Condo in the Carribean bought with the proceeds of gullible people buying his patented 'urine' and cheap nasty ribbon cable and molex connectors.

Me thinks I shall buy on of these Magic boxes and take it apart!
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i think its pretty iffy too (so sue me its only what i think!) forra number of reasons (not least i did a search o nthe st.hellens paj club too!) but....and heres a big but...

i don't know how the egr valve works - looking at it (not very carefully) it looks vacume operated to to me (or am i missing something ....i will bow to cheifies undoubted expertise here!) so if its vacume operated how the (insert explitive of choice here) is abox of electricla trickery goingto do anything ?

then i firstread it i was looking for a electrically operated vacume valve or the like (as fittted to wastegates to play with their opening etc - which really work btw!) ...

me i think its bovine scatology...but its only my opinion, perhaps the guy should publish a white paper here for peer review if he wants to be taken seriously...no doubt IF its credible and works he would sell LOADS...if not he would be laughed out of town...his choice i guess...
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for shouting, but here goes ....

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS SYMPTOMATIC OF A 'STUCK OPEN' EGR - DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE EGR VALVE!!!

The 4D56 and 4M40 engines, fitted with an EGR valve, have the whole engine management system 'tuned' for this specific configuration ... mess with it at your peril!!!!

Simon

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™
slap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 23:10    Post subject: phukem Reply with quote

freedom of speech if u think it crap spread the word no one likes being ripped off Twisted Evil
alan S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little echo behind Simon

the Delica Club (Aus) has included in its 3rd amendment/update of its home grown owners manual from Dr Jon Pons a whole chapter (10) on the EGR valve and argues the pros and conns.

The valve operates by vacume / engine demand.
Personally I feel that a heated air injection reduces the effiantcy (no spell check today) of the burn cycle.

Greenie had a plate fitted and gave 2+ mpg improvement, silver supposedly is done but I have a lot more black smoke on start up.
I know what I wish to do, but it is up to you to choose.

Regards
Alan
Silver delivered
It's not DELICAte
founding member? of the rollover group
chiefie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

will be interesting to see what becomes of the advert when ccc or mmc decide what action to take with regard copyright on the logo Wink

i believe that owners club is so secretive, no one knows any members of it, so how do you join if there is no 'front door'?(fabled club me thinks)
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obviously not the only one whos looked up the alledged site (Under construction) Rolling Eyes then and trawled thro a google search Twisted Evil

The old saying ' If it sounds to good to be true' etc, I would say applies here.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dear!

The patented extract of urine kit seems to have disappeared from the ebay listing.

I was just about to order some as well

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we allowed to sue them then for talking utter *beep*?
Tinca
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue THEM?

You mean Sue Kevin, for talking *beep* - nah.

I think he's quiet coz he's preparing the papers to serve! (the Daily Sport contains bullshit)

You must admit that he is providing us, or at least me, with entertainment
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate I don't call people being ripped off entertaining Evil or Very Mad But then I don't read any papers :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of explanations of how EGR works in this post
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4823&highlight=egr

Having flicked through them I'm guessing that the EGR valve is open when on closed or part throttle to reduce emmisions and then closes when you boot it to stop smoke. I reckon at best this computerised box must monitor the throttle and shut the EGR valve earlier than the car would normally.

I guess a really intelligent way to do it would be to monitor smoke emmisions in the exhaust and close the valve when it wasn't burning cleanly.

Personally I stuck a screw up the vacuum pipe 'cos the valve rattled. :D

James
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetpea wrote:
Personally I stuck a screw up the vacuum pipe 'cos the valve rattled. :D

James

Laughing Yes, but that doesn't cure the problem if the valve is stuck open :? i.e. letting the gas out even when it isn't supposed too, thus causing the black smoke :? This is where the plate comes in. This shuts the valve permanantly and supposedly stops the black smoke. Smile

As Simon says. give it a good clean if possible to restore it to working order. Or if this fails (Due to corrosion or whatever) then use the plate Wink

You don't need fancy chemicals to clean the valve in the first place and secondly the plate from the club shop is cheap as chips and a doddle to fit... Well on a L400 anyway Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand how this would work, at the moment the valve is operated by vacuum and if it was changed to electronic you would have to fit some sort of servo, not shown in the picture, just a box with switches!
This would take some setting up, and the cost would be a lot more than he is asking.
I wonder if we should e mail him and ask him to show one of us how it works so we could pass the news on. Rolling Eyes
Myself I wouldn’t bother, if I have a problem with the mot I’ll get a blanking plate!
Sweetpea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty,
I agree completely. Today a screw, tomorrow a blanking plate, next week the world...
Anyway, it starts, it doesn't smoke and it doesn't sound like a bag of spanners any more so I'm happy for the moment. Wink
Sweetpea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithy,
I might be talking rubbish here but as far as I can remember the EGR valve is opened and closed by vacuum. The vacuum is controlled by a solonoid thing under the intercooler which, in turn, is controlled by electric.
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: