2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 Towbar Wiring diagram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinca
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:01    Post subject: L400 Towbar Wiring diagram Reply with quote

Can anyone help with Towbar wiring distructions for an L400?

Pretty please kind nicely hmmm
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spanners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiring in Delica-------------------------Trailer wiring
RHS Ind = Green Yellow----------------------Green
LHS Ind = Green Blue-------------------------Yellow
Tail = Green White---------------------------- Brown
Stop = Green-----------------------------------Red
Earth = Black-----------------------------------white
Reverse = Red Blue----------------------------Black
Brake (for electric brakes -same as stop)----Blue
hope this helps   spanners
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tinca
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Spanners

I can see you are going to be a great asset to the club
Angelgabriel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now confused about wireing my towbar with 12N electrics following the diagram shown. It gives the reverse as being wired to the black pin?, where my supplied instructions give pin 7 (black) as the L/H tail lamp. I thought the reverse went into the 12S electric socket. Also blue is given as brake lights against fog lights shown in my kit. Please could someone confirm which is the correct way as A lot of links end up here.
spanners

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

colours on the left are inside the car      colours on the right are inside the socket
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LITTLEKENGRIFF
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look on "rustys" site/photo's as he has loads of useful bits and bobs
rw1946

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:20    Post subject: L400 Tow bar wiring Reply with quote

Message for SPANNERS. Just saw your Feb 23rd 2009 post ref tow bar wiring colours. Do you know if the wires are the same colours for all L400 Delicas? Mine is a Sept 97 Mk2 "facelift" 2.8 Auto. It appears that on L400s the wires reach the rear lights by coming along the top of the O/S windows. Where is the best (easiest) place to join to the wiring loom? Head lining down and join from the back or run a new loom under the carpet from the front somehow? Any help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance folks.
Deker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up my feeds from the rear (inside of the rear lights)
It should be obvious which wire does what.

My trailer only uses 6 of the colours.

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 21:07    Post subject: Re: L400 Tow bar wiring Reply with quote

rw1946 wrote:
It appears that on L400s the wires reach the rear lights by coming along the top of the O/S windows. Where is the best (easiest) place to join to the wiring loom?

That's not quite correct.

This diagram shows you where all the looms run:- https://app.box.com/s/ikaazf3k3256iekt6bj213lec3bkfw2f

The company that did the wiring on my Deli took feeds from both of the looms behind each of the lower side panels inside the tailgate.

This diagram, from Trailer Tec, shows you have to wire up to either twin x7 pin or a single 13 pin socket:-  https://app.box.com/s/j26bwdd8q6u0vqnd2e2czf8dfwd6rfu1

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22; edited 1 time in total
rw1946

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:35    Post subject: Tow bar loom Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis and Deker.  Any difficulty getting wires from the light clusters (L+R winkers) and what route did you take?  Thanks again.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said above the company that did mine tapped into the wiring looms behind the panels, thereby not needing to go to the light clusters.  Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Sputnik72

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:32    Post subject: Towbar Wiring Reply with quote

Well, as everything else seems to be working, I have  decided to risk it NOT working by wiring in a towbar. The towbar fitted easily, and encouraged me to do a bit of rust treatment... Sad But now I have the two panels either side off and really can't quite work out where the wiring IS. I can't seem to find anything!

1: do I need a 'bypass relay'?
2: Am I aiming to clip into the wires going to the light clusters? Surely this would then mean having to run something from both sides to catch the other indicator? Is there a point where I can attach to everything at once?

Thanks

Jim
Sputnik72

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 17:04    Post subject: Done Reply with quote

No further assistance required as it goes, relied on Johnny Commonsense and chased all those wires down, clipped in, sorted. Swore a bit, removed a lot of panels I didn’t need to, got my hands trapped in the roof (the reverse light being in the door, you have to go ip there for one wire), and it works. So far.

Two mystery panel screws leftover, that’s a win. Doing the pump seal I had a nut leftover, luckily before I had replaced all the power steering and brake pumps. It was from the back of the fuel pump. That made me swear properly.
Sputnik72

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanners wrote:
Wiring in Delica-------------------------Trailer wiring
RHS Ind = Green Yellow----------------------Green
LHS Ind = Green Blue-------------------------Yellow
Tail = Green White---------------------------- Brown
Stop = Green-----------------------------------Red
Earth = Black-----------------------------------white
Reverse = Red Blue----------------------------Black
Brake (for electric brakes -same as stop)----Blue
hope this helps   spanners

Should note that ‘Black’ on the ‘Trailer’ should be wired to the LH tail light, while ‘Brown’ goes to the RH tail light. I ran two wires across the back to the LH light cluster, while the main cable ran direct to the RH cluster. There doesn’t appear to be a ‘reverse’ on a 7-pin plug.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should help, for those using the older twin socket setup.

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: