4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

G-sensor unit kablooey?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 19:24    Post subject: G-sensor unit kablooey? Reply with quote

Evenin' all.

My L400SE 2.8TD is showing an ABS warning light and the garage tells me the diagnostic points to a problem with the G-sensor under the driver's seat.
Can anyone shed any light on how these commonly fail, if they can be repaired and, if not, where I might get a replacement?
I've tried to insert a picture of the unit, but I can't. It's about 40mm by 40mm by 10mm with a mounting lug on either side and one plug socket. The (I assume) part number written on it is:
MB942484X2T22071
It also says 'Do Not Drop' on the label (I haven't, I promise).
Advance thanks for anyone who can offer any help on this.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 19:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to how they got the diagnostics to point to that item, as Mitsubishi UK do not have the computer software to diagnose the Delica's outside of Japan. Mitsu Japan won't let them have it, due to them being a grey import.

Most ABS warning light issues lead back to a damaged /broken probe behind the front wheel brake disk, usually from gravel and mud getting in there then going hard when they dry out. When the wheel turns the sensor snaps off.

Ignore the second number you added to the part number so that it reads:- MB942484

The same item is used in other Mitsu vehicles - Pajero/Shogun, L200, etc.

You can either get a used one from a breakers or buy a new one from your local Mitsu dealers Parts Dept, Though I suggest you check out the front wheel sensors first.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Helier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lewis, I've passed the info on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: