Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Will these springs fit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 22:52    Post subject: Will these springs fit? Reply with quote

Hi guys been reading through the many posts regarding landrover springs. A bit of extra height on the back is what I'm after for carrying gear. Had a look about and wondering if anyone knows if these springs will fit a lwb alright?

Cheers
Dave

Bearmach springs
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 22:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get chance, can you possibly measure the distance from wheel centre to the top of the arch?

I have aftermarket springs on mine, but bought it that way, and haven't a clue what's on there.

I may need to replace them soon, so looking for ideas.

I have rancho shocks on front and rear.

I have replaced the front shocks with the new part number, but not the rears yet.

I'm not blown away impressed with them at all, as even with adjusting them, it's quite wallowy.

On my last standard Deli, I had Monroe shocks on the front, which were standard, and bloody brilliant. Monroe make the ranchos also, so I'd hoped they would be as good.

I'm taking it that, having a higher sprung vehicle than standard will just not be the same, unless... I spend a lot of money  Confused
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Grouch, measurement from top of hub where it meets the alloy to the arch is 59cm, that's on the rear. I've not heard good things about Rancho shocks, like you say being made by Monroe you'd expect good quality. If you're not going to be carrying weight I wouldn't recommend the same springs I have as they are rated for an extra 200kg, britpart do another spring DA4204 which will give similar lift but rated for an extra 100kg instead. I'm in desperate need of longer travel rear shocks myself. Currently looking at getting a set of Dobinson's from Australia.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers.

I'm a bit unsure about your measurements, but don't worry, I struggle reading some stuff  Rolling Eyes

My measurements from exact centre of wheel to wheel arch is 570mm.
A bit lower on other side, hence me thinking I will need new springs soon.
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be sitting about the same height then bud, if you look at the dead centre of the hub, then about 20-30mm upwards (also downwards left and right) is where the centre bore of the wheel mounts to the spigot on the hub. It's just a definite point to reference instead of roughly placing the tape in the centre to get an accurate measurement. I'm fussy though! Haha I hope that makes some sort of sense. I've no idea how to attach photos from my phone to these posts!  

Yes my Deli used to sit lop sided at the rear, the new springs sorted that issue.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_Edinburgh wrote:
.... I've no idea how to attach photos from my phone to these posts! ...

You cannot attach them direct from your phone's photo gallery, you need to have them on a photo hosting website.

See this post for how to do it:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12958

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_Edinburgh wrote:
They will be sitting about the same height then bud, if you look at the dead centre of the hub, then about 20-30mm upwards (also downwards left and right) is where the centre bore of the wheel mounts to the spigot on the hub. It's just a definite point to reference instead of roughly placing the tape in the centre to get an accurate measurement. I'm fussy though! Haha I hope that makes some sort of sense. I've no idea how to attach photos from my phone to these posts!  

Yes my Deli used to sit lop sided at the rear, the new springs sorted that issue.

Thanks for the info.  thumbleft
Dave_Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Dave_Edinburgh wrote:
.... I've no idea how to attach photos from my phone to these posts! ...

You cannot attach them direct from your phone's photo gallery, you need to have them on a photo hosting website.

See this post for how to do it:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12958

Thanks Lewis   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: