4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Side step (2005 Deli)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fintious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 16:43    Post subject: Side step (2005 Deli) Reply with quote

Hi all, my side step has always operated when the side door Has opened and closed. Recently it has only opened when the side door opens if the tailgate door is open and then again when tailgate shuts. Any ideas? Am thinking a short somewhere?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 16:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the side door connectors are not shorting inside the door; plus the step wiring loom connector, under the Deli.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
fintious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to my step issue, I noticed today that the central locking has stopped working ( presumably at the same time as the step). Works on all other doors. I’ve taken the connector off and cleaned with contact cleaner and tomorrow will remove the door card to try and trace damaged cable. Could it be an issue that’s arisen from me fitting campervan curtains which involved drilling small holes in the top of the door trim to install curtain rails?  I wouldn’t imagine that they would install cables directly beneath trim but could be wrong?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! There isn't a cable loom above the door.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
fintious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t think there would be - must be a coincidence that the issues have presented around the same time.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the central locking fuse, under the dash ?

ルイス
fintious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not checked fuses - it’s only the sliding door that the central locking has stopped working. Would the CL for that door be in the same connector block as the side step and auto door shut device?
fintious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I’ve checked the connector block under the car for the side step and that is fine. Taken door card off too and found no issues so now I’m stuck. Any tips for finding this series of faults (side door central locking, side door auto close and side step only operating when tailgate door is open? Any help much appreciated
fintious

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I’m getting nowhere fast with these issues which must be linked?  Any ideas before I get an auto electrician out?
andyman

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Deli isn't locked, do the interior lights come on when you open any door? If you switch the interior lights off, does the side door and step work when you open the tailgate? Does the side step come out without the side door being opened too? can't help thinking you must have a short from the tailgate light switch circuit or central locking. Do both/either of these circuits run through the tailgate/body hinge line, where they are prone to cracking? (Bear in mind I know nothing about L400s).
fintious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Andy - only just seen it and will check those points when I get home from work. I was doing a bit of tinkering on it yesterday and the central locking on the side door now works (don’t think it’s anything that I did). The side step still only operates when the tailgate is open
fintious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked and it makes no difference if lights are on or off.
fintious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and step only opens with side door open if tailgate is open. If tailgate is closed then step won’t operate
fintious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, fixed it. Well actually it fixed itself so no idea what was wrong but now all works as it should (for now)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: