Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 Sliding Door extention door hinge thingy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAVINTWOPIES wrote:
I was thinking I'd best make some brass ones to go with the new hinge as brass is self lubricating slightly.

any opinions???

Don't use brass - I agree it makes fantastic bearings, but would be too harsh for use in this application. Considering the amount of leverage on the hinge and ulimately these bearings, I would not use anything but nylon.

This way you have a self lubricating bearing that will also become sacrificial before you could do any damage to the runner! They also have a little more 'give' than brass.

If you used brass, the added strength it has over nylon could well cause damage to the runner if a lot of force was put on the door/hinge/bearing/runner.

I'd rather replace the bearings than one of those runners! It takes 10 mins tops and costs very little!

I'm going to use much better nylon than the original bearings, but then they were old/second hand and a little brittle to start with!

I'll let you know how I get on....

Regards,

Bruce.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 0:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

GAVINTWOPIES

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:

P.S. You'll need to get some detailed measurements from the Dude if you are going to make one - I'll paint some arrows on a photo to illustrate the really critical ones. If you get it wrong......well you remember what I told you could happen if the hinge wasn't perfect.... Shocked  Sad

Looking at this this isn't even hard as if a can make a lump of metal into a oil rig valve that will with stand 50,000 psi without blowing up in the operators face and killing him on contact i'm sure i can make a door shut flush as the one i want to make will have the same mounting screw adjustment as the original mitsy one on the door mount side of the hinge as the one i have pictures of on my computer is a bit cheap skate due to being fixed in its mountings............................. woo hoo Can't wait
petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe - good idea. For some reason nobody bought the cabinet. Although several hundred people looked at the listing and I had loads of emails about it. I was hoping to get a bollocking from Ikea but it never happened!

Bruce - do you have time to get MM hinge enxtension kit made up? I could do with one....

Pete Millis from Brighton
GAVINTWOPIES

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

petemillis wrote:

Bruce - do you have time to get MM hinge enxtension kit made up? I could do with one....

If all goes well with mine i will forward my findings onto bruce for him to stroke his chin over then put in the bin and re-design them correctly.

:D
petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope it's only his chin he strokes over them......
Foxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinkum_Dude wrote:
Thanks Bruce

The soft close on the door has played up since I got it, never had chance to look at it.  Been trying to figure it out tonight and just sat here scratching me head.  That bolt looks well greased too so might have to whip it apart at the weekend and give it a good clean up before tightening her up a bit.

I'm surprised it's not welded together as mine only rubs the arch when this part folds.  So now I can get my arches cleaned up too :D

Thanks again Bruce

If I can fix mine- am sure you can do yours!  Twisted Evil   Seconds mate, it takes seconds!  :D
jomar.sarto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06    Post subject: Hinge extender Dimensions Reply with quote

Hi! I am new to this forum. Recently, I decided to add wheel spacers for the L400 S1 4WD Manual Space Gear. Of course the sliding door will bump to the rear wheel and I want to make my own Hinge extender. Somebody in this forum posted the exact dimensions of his door extender, but  the link is not available anymore.

If somebody has there hinge extender, can you please, please provide the exact dimension of the thing so I can replicate it?

Thank you very much!
ArthurArthur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gents!
It`s been a bit of time since... Smile

How did it go please?

Are you still able to have durable bearings done?

All the best to you all.
Fragheur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is there somebody have the spec of this door hinge  to make it ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: