Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 heater hose - cracking near head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouseflakes

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32    Post subject: L300 heater hose - cracking near head Reply with quote

Hi all,

This hose on my L300 is looking a bit weepy and is cracking at the union with the metal pipe that screws into the head here. Looks like it's a take-off for the cabin heater? I might just shorten it a bit here and reconnect, but lower down, out of sight, it bends quite tightly and I don't want to put it under strain. I think a generic bit of replacement pipe would probably kink where the fitted one makes the tight bends. So, does anyone know of a decent source for a proper replacement, or maybe a part number for this?
Thanks!!!

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jejoenje

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo!

Yes that's either the in or the out flow for the heater system I'm pretty sure.
Interestingly, I've been pondering replacement hoses myself as we speak - I've had the ones going to the front heater matrix (joining into the footwell behind the front bumper) detached and in doing so I've had to cut them (they had pretty much welded themselves to the copper pipes coming out of the matrix!).
I can just about stretch them enough to reconnect them - but there is more strain on them then I'd like and they started to rub against some of the brake lines. So ideally I'd like to change them, too. I've just had a quick check and it looks like these hoses and the one you are looking at are the same size.
Although I haven't measured the one in your photo, I suspect the pipe end it connects to is about 17mm diameter.

Now, this is a very long winded way of saying that I'm not sure of where to source exactly the right size hose, but would an inner dia of 16mm work okay you recon?
If so, this might work for the general hose?
As for kinks etc, I see what you mean, it's sort of a Z shape right? If you get a relatively long length of fairly flexible hose it may just bend enough without kinking?
Alternatively, you can find 16mm hose bends to various degrees on Fleabay, some combination of those might work, in combination with maybe a piece of copper tubing and some jubilee clips?

Even better, a quick look suggests that the OEM part you are after (I think MB438044?) comes up as not very expensive here; so it may be worth just ringing a Mitsi parts dept and asking if they can get it for you? Should save the shipping!

PS better check the links and part no's above for yourself - obvs these are specific to my van - part is prob the same but who knows...!
mouseflakes

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Thanks for all the info Jeroen. I'll look into that part - looks like it could well be the one. If not then, as you suggest, a longer length of the right diameter hose - maybe with a full loop where the tight bend would be on the original, to avoid kinks? Good luck with your on-going tidy-up of the front end. Funny enough, I've been toying with the idea of removing the (non-functioning) air-con parts from mine and tidying up my front bumper panel - your recent posts are preparing me for what I might find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: