4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Front Hub Nut Removal

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try the "tap and torque" technique but it did no good hence the "Sledgy tap" instead Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 19:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my driveshafts off due to covid19 boredom syndrome- I have taken a few snaps of how the brass spacer washer is fitted.

https://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/lubabailey/52D14982-517C-4BC3-9DEE-D8BA423EF9EA_zpsfbnldf3f.jpg

It can be fitted the wrong way around, with the fluted side showing, this means that the washer will not fit flush against the shaft, as shown in the last picture. If it is the wrong way around you will struggle to get the snap ring in the groove on the wheel end of the shaft and this will eliminate all end float which will cause issues later one.
YOZA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how it looks the wrong way around, see how it won't fit flush against the shaft as it it only chamfered on one side.

https://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/lubabailey/9F3A698F-E7D3-436E-AE77-7A8A3297521C_zpsiuz6dwuo.jpg

"..........And yes I did knock out the dent on the drive shaft dust cover. Idea
YOZA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find when doing jobs that need certain essential assembly steps, that a fresh pair of eyes in a supervisory roll is imperative. 😂

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: