Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:57    Post subject: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's Reply with quote

Absolutely horrendous road noise coming from my new set Crying or Very sad   Is anyone else driving with these tyre's on and, are you having the same road noise problems??

Getting near my wits end with the constant ear battering I get every time I go out for a drive!! Crying or Very sad

Thanks guys.

Pete'.  Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Munfred
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep
They are mud tyres. They are going to have a louder road noise than road tyres or ATs
Just be thankful you haven't gone for a more aggressive tread
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same answer as Munfred. I've been driving with some on for a couple of years. I don't notice them anymore.  Very Happy

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon I'm gonna sell them as a set of four for £320.00. (£80 each). They are brand new and haven't even done 200 miles!! I am so disappointed with the road noise, I expected a bit of noise but not this.  Can I advertise them on here admin? I think I am gonna go for a set of Yokohama Geolander A/T's unless anyone can recommend something else that is a good all round tyre with not too much noise. The trouble is getting these sort of tyres in the right size 225/80 R15 A/T. I had enough trouble getting the Cooper Discoverer's.  Confused   Cheers guys.

Pete'  Cool
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can advertise them on here, in the sales section, as well as on the Group Facebook page  http://www.facebook.com/groups/delicamart..

Your main problem will be in having a buyer collect them, due to the lockdown.

I bought some to use for summer tyres. After a week I swapped back to my STT's, to do an offroad trip, since then they have been sat in my outhouse (Outhouse as in storage area, not an outside loo  Laughing ).

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Sat Apr 11, 2020 14:09; edited 1 time in total
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hankook Dynapro AT are quite good off road and I don't notice any noise on road.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Deker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:

I went out on Saturday to collect Roll cabinets, and tool boxes from a friend.

12 miles each way.

Deker
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around here you would have been stopped and sent back home. If you were lucky you would not have got a fine.

A young lad down the street has been going out around 8pm for his drugs stash, then having his mates call in, after midnight, they would all start leaving mid morning.  This morning they got a shock when a police car, paddy wagon and an ambulance turned up and carted the whole lot off for enforced isolation.

I guess for the next few weeks they will be living on cold turkey.

ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife offered to go shopping in her Merc a few days ago - it was the first time she had driven in nearly three weeks, and liked the idea of a deserted A66 and the wind in her hair. Unfortunately, she was tailed by a police van from the next village, all the way into Penrith, 10 miles. She breathed a sigh of relief when it went straight on as she pulled into Sainsbury's car park. Not that she had actually committed any crime, but it's the thought that counts!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about those who live right up in the hills, especially in Scotland, who have to drive 30+ miles each way to their nearest supermarket!

Spotted this BBC article, about a family going for a day out in the Lake District and getting stopped by the Police, issued with a fine and sent back home, To Middlesex.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52277535

What a set of Wazzocks!  Shocked

ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the STTs and the noise isn't to bad, to be fair i do have an unusual stainless exhaust setup tho

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
andyman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn up the radio! Laughing
Deker

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:

From what I can make out, there is not a problem with "Collection & Delivery"

I.e. Parcel delivery companies, Post office letters & Parcels.

As I said in a previous post, about buying a Delica for a new member/owner - 200 mile round trip.

I have a Moto Guzzi 750 cc bike for sale, and a Sinclair C5, due to this "Lockdown" I am shy to spend money on advertising the items.

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that now the travel restrictions have been lifted, there should be no problems with potential buyers coming to view your Guzzi, as long as you only see one person at a time. However, I reckon it is likely to be a buyer's market, as a lot of people are having to sell their beloved 2nd or hobby vehicles through financial distress. I still have my daughter's Polo to sell, now in need of a new MoT, as it ran out on March 27th, so doesn't benefit from the extension date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: