Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Curtains and electric hook up for camper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fintious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:56    Post subject: Curtains and electric hook up for camper Reply with quote

Hi all, looks like my sunny holiday abroad is going to be cancelled so was thinking of going on a uk road trip in the Deli. Has anyone fitted curtains to theirs and any recommendations where to get them?  Had a look on eBay and there are a set listed but only for 2 side windows.  Whilst on the subject is there a neat way of getting electric hook up installed?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made my own.  Very Happy

Bought some curtain tracking from the local caravan shop.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
fintious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top idea, thanks Lewis. Been thinking re electric hook up and maybe just use an rcd hook up from camping store and feed cable though window which would just leave a small gap when window is closed
Deker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always sensible to have some ventilation.

When I first got my Delica, I went to campsite I had used when motorcycle camping  Smile

As usual, had a few beers in the pub nearby. Got in the car to sleep, all windows shut -
Next morning, woke with a thick & thumping headache  Crying or Very sad

Me head so bad, took me ages to understand why i had such a headache - Dumb or what  Rolling Eyes  Question

Goes to show, that even a brilliant mind like mine can make such a silly mistake  Exclamation
Serves me fault for getting sloshed  Shocked

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fintious, there's a meet advertised on FB MDOCUK UK, at Usha Gap  Camp site near Muker in Swaledale, last weekend in May. Deker and I are going, hopefully a few more will go, it's a nice little site. My L300 has the factory-fitted curtains, - the only thing they are good for is privacy - they let too much light in, and give little insulation. I have cut window covers from foil-laminated bubble-wrap (domestic radiator backing insulator), they just press into place in the window surrounds.
fintious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Ryman, that sounds like a good meet - I’m. It on Facebook so if you could post details I may well pop up and my mate will probably bring his Deli too.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintious, - the organiser is Johnboy Youngy (not sure if that's his real name.) He has apparently made an arrangement with the owners so we can camp together, but we have to book ourselves in. Some of us are thinking about arriving on Thursday evening (28th May). I usually organise a meet at Coniston Old Hall Campsite (Lake District), that weekend, - it's a big, informal, turn-up-and-pay site, (except bank holidays), but thought I might give it a rest in favour of Swaledale this year, although three years ago, some of us spent the Friday night at Muker before travelling on to Coniston, via Tan Hill on the Saturday. Here's a link to Usha Gap:   https://www.ushagap.co.uk/
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember your sleeping bag this time Andy!!!

Have to see how the "Plague" pans out before making any plans for meets.

Usha Gap is a nice little site and not too far from a good pub.!!

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the pub is open!  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the size of Ian's fridge? Campfire, beer, burgers and bacon butties; - who needs a pub? (Yeh, okay, it's a nice pub, with nice food!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: