4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica Lean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34    Post subject: Delica Lean Reply with quote

Not the fuel mix, but a bit of a lean to the passenger's side when parked on a flat surface.

I've read about springs and torsion bars, but where would be the 1st place to start when trying to level a Delica. I've got matching tyres on all corners, and checked the pressures are equal.

Rich
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to take into account anything you have inside the Deli that is packed on the passenger side.

Remember to include the weight of the fuel in the tank, so it's best to do it when the tank is full and have someone sat in the drivers seat, when checking the level.

First thing to do if it is sagging to the left is replace the worn rear coil springs, then recalibrate the torsion bars, afterwards.

NB: After doing springs and bars ensure you have the wheels realigned at a place that can do 4x4 alignment, as recalibrating the Torsion bars will affect camber, caster and toe-in.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you have checked for broken coil springs (rear) If they break in the spring cups, it is not always easy to see.
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet Andy, waiting for some dry weather to have a better look underneath.

You both mention rear springs, are they more prone to failure than the front springs?

Rich
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never known a torsion bar break, or even sag, whereas coil springs in general are known to break, those on the L400, like many, - sag. Try jacking it up by the rear diff. If it is then level side to side, it's your rear springs at fault. I wouldn't know where to jack the front of a L400 centrally to check the other way. I don't suppose the front diff is  suitable, due to the front end weight.
jgupte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

For jacking up the front there is a round pad in the centre of the cross member just behind the engine.

Fitted: Aircon Shield, Bash Plate, Unifilter air filter
To be fitted: Reversing camera, Driving Lights
Wish List: suspension lift, awning, get the bl**dy MMCS working!!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSMonkey wrote:
You both mention rear springs, are they more prone to failure than the front springs?

The front end has Torsion Bars, not springs.
Some come with Heavy Duty ones as standard.
Although the Bars rarely break, the adjuster, at the back, can collapse. Especially if wound up too far. Hence my advice of recalibrating them.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: