Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Full build. LWB inner CV Joint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sliabhrossa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 16:02    Post subject: Full build. LWB inner CV Joint. Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have just built one Delica out of three, The original was a LWB and i had it kept on the road for eight years using two SWB donors, eventually the chassis rotted out of her. All the other parts however were in great condition. So I had a look at the chassis on the best donor and it was good. So I sand blasted and treated the chassis and transferred everything across, engine and manual box, brakes, lift kit, SVO kit, cooker, sound system chassis number (a right tasty job if anyone is interested), water tank etc. She has been raptor'd and tested and on the road for a year now.

However, the rear axle is making a lot of noise and the bearings are on the way out. So I am going to swap the rear axle and front diff.
My mechanic told me the front diff had to be done as well to keep the correct ratio.

As far as I can make out, the SWB has a lighter axle and front diff, and the front passenger side inner CV joint (the shafted splined one that goes into the diff) has a smaller diameter.
The heavier LWB axle can take a locker apparently.

So friends, I need a passenger side, splined inner CV Joint with a shaft of 33mm diameter.

If anyone can help I'd be delighted.
I have lots of parts for the SWB as you can imagine so am up for a bit of barter.

Thanks Rossa.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 16:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you "transfer the chassis number"? Its a totally different vehicle with its own number

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: